Getting Familiar in The Netherworld (pt.1/2)

Start from the beginning

The human only stops when Opera goes to once side of the table and presents the twins with Hell Grey Tea, which both fo the twins accept. It gives off menacing purple fumes that rise from the brown liquid and out of the cup.  Hell grey tea huh... could it be the demon variant of Earl Grey tea? Well there's only one way to find out...

just as Y/n placed the cup on her lips Sullivan asked something that caught her and Iruma completely off guard, "Ready for your first day of class?". Y/n almost dropped her cup, but had to raise her hand to block the tea that Iruma spit out from shock.

Do I really have to though?? thinks the boy, several beads of sweat rain down his face, If the demons find out the we're human they're going to turn us into a snack! The other human was snapping her fingers and looking at the ground, trying to avoid the question, It's like yes, we need an education and all that, but why a demon school? On the other hand I can get a better look at demons up close... knowledge or survival? hm...

Y/n's thoughts are interrupted when Iruma speaks up, "Um... can we talk?"

"yes?" replies Sullivan, tilting his head.

"It's about school..." the human trails off, leaving room for the demon to butt-in

"Sure, but first..." he looks at Opera who snaps his fingers before revealing another huge pile of gifts and supplies in front of the twins.

"Lookie here! I splurged to celebrate you starting your new school!!" cheers Sullivan, now in eggy form.

The two humans eyes and mouthes go wide, "That's a lot of gifts grandpa... how much did you splurge on this?" worriedly asks Y/n, walking towards the pile.

"Oh don't worry about it!" the demon bats the question away.

"You already gave us so much yesterday!" Adds Iruma, another bead of sweat forming on his face.

"Oh that was just to celebrate for me getting my first grandchildren, this is to celebrate your first day of school".

HELICOPTER PARENT!!! think both of the twins shellshocked, and before they could say any more, two handkerchiefs were shoved in their faces.

"Ta da!! Opera and I even added some extra embroidery!", presents Sullivan taking a step back to let the two humans have a look. On one handkerchief was Iruma's name embroidered in blue, and the other had Y/n's name in red. "So, what do you think?" asks the demon handing over the two pieces of cloth.

"It's... beautiful, thanks" replies Iruma nervously, the other human was examining the details of the embroidery and muttering to herself.

"I'm not used to doing embroidery, so it was quite intricate but it was so much fun!" continues Sullivan, holding up his hand now full of bandages.

Y/n lifts her head up, hers had slightly lit up, "This is your first time doing embroidery Grandpa? This is really well made for a beginner! Good job and Thank you!", her expression falters as hers and Iruma's eyes land on the bandaged hand. "I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much though..." continues the girl.

"Oh, don't worry about it Y/n", reassures the old man patting both of the humans of the head, he then turns to the pile of gifts and fishes out two other objects, "Oh and this: here's your Hellraiser Clocks so you can both get up in the morning to be on time!", he says holding two clocks in the shape of birds.

They were both yellow with gold horns, the only difference between the two being the colour of a puffy strand of feather on top of the clocks' head. One being light blue and the other a quite dark purple.

They both let out and ugly screech, making the twins flinch once again. Once the clocks finished their 'performance' silence lingered for several seconds, leaving the twins' bewildered expressions to speak for themselves.