LBD chapter 2

Chapter 2: Hold Me Firmly
AN: I will be co-writing this with Normal-Over-Ratedx, because I'm not too good with details and I LOVE her fanfics!!! Awesome-ness! Ok, go, go and read on. (Mike's voice off of Monster's Inc.)
DISCLAIMER: We own nothing, sadly. If we did, I'm pretty sure Maura and Jane would be married (lol as if they're not already).

On the short journey to Maura's house, Jane was plagued by the thought of not being able to kiss Joe. Every time she tried to imagine herself kissing him, the beautiful doctor's smiling face appeared. She didn't want Grant. She liked him, but she loved Maura. Jane's breath caught in her throat and her heart rate increased at the realization.
Jane opened her car door, preparing to run up to Maura's door, and grabbed her jacket throwing it over her head. The rain continued to pound and thunder roared loudly as she ran. Before she could stretch out her hand to knock, the door opened revealing a stunning Maura. Jane smiled as she entered the house and took the time to look Maura up and down as she passed her and allowed her to close and lock the door. Jane's eyes slowly trailed up the back of Maura's legs and thighs, up her voluptuous, round hips and behind.
Maura quickly whirled around and lead her friend further into the house. Fully aware of the eyes on her, she smiled and opened the fridge to grab a beer for Jane. Wanting to tease Jane a little bit more, Maura bent over slowly, giving Jane a few more seconds to have unfriendly thoughts. Jane unconsciously bit her bottom lip.
Holy. Fucking. Shit! What the fuck, Rizzoli! She's Maura, your best friend, so stop staring at her ass before you start drooling or something equally embarrassing! Jane thought.
Maura stood and handed the beer to Jane, who moved to sit at the island in the kitchen. Jane downed the beer in silence as she tried to collect her thoughts. Setting the now empty bottle down on the countertop, she sighed.
Maura sat down next to her and put a hand over Jane's that lay closest to her on the isle, rubbing it softly with her thumb.
"Care to tell me what happened?" Maura said, finally breaking the deafening silence. Jane closed her eyes for a second before looking up to meet Maura's.
"Grant...came to my house and said he was leaving for D.C. and we almost kissed," Jane said.
"But why? He was perfect for you," Maura responded.
Jane ran a hand through long, dark, tresses. "He was perfect, but not for me. I want you, Maura," Jane said.
"Jane, what—" Jane cut Maura off, kissing her suddenly. After the shock wore off, Maura began to kiss her back. Jane ran her tongue along Maura's bottom lip, requesting entrance. Maura eagerly granted the request, cupping Jane's cheek and moaning as their tongues massaged one another.
Maura gasped as Jane lightly bit down on her tongue, before slowly pulling away. They rested their foreheads against the other's, eyes closed, breathing heavily
Jane waited for Maura to say something and when she didn't she opened her eyes to dark hazels staring back at her, a smile playing on Maura's lips.
"Do you know how long I've wanted to kiss you? How many times I wished that you were here to hold me, to comfort me?" Maura asked. Jane just shook her head. "So long and so many times. I love you, Jane."
"I love you, too, Maura, so much," Jane confessed, pulling back to sit up straight.
I never would've thought that this would be happening. Maura giggled at her thought.
"What?" Jane asked.
"Well, if someone would've told me earlier today that we were going to kiss, I wouldn't have believed them. It still seems surreal, like I'm dreaming." Maura voiced.
"I can assure you, you're not dreaming Maur," Jane said, smiling and shaking her head.
"I know I'm not dreaming. If I were dreaming, we'd be in my bed already," Maura said, mumbling the last part.
"What?" Jane said.
"Nothing," Maura deflected, standing and moving to put Jane's empty beer bottle in the recycle bin. She looked back at Jane and held out her hand. Jane took it and Maura led her to couch, where they then sat.
"Jane, will you do me a favor?" Maura asked. Jane just looked at her questioningly. Maura moved closer to the detective, snuggling into her looking into her eyes.
"Will you hold me, please?" Maura asked, blushing slightly, for she'd never asked anyone to do such an intimate thing. Jane smiled and pulled Maura into her lap. Maura laid her head on Jane's shoulder and sighed.
"Thank you, Jane," Maura said. Jane kissed the top of her head, running her hand slowly through long, silky, light auburn tresses. Maura looked up and nuzzled Jane's neck, causing the brunette's breath to hitch. She laced their fingers together and placed a small kiss on Jane's collarbone. Jane removed her hand from the ME's hair and put it under her chin making Maura look at her, before pressing her lips to Maura's, briefly, but sweetly. They pulled away smiling.
"Maur? How come you wanted me to hold you?" Jane asked after a moment.
"I always feel safe with you Jane. You comfort me," Maura confessed.
"I'm glad I can do that for you, Maura. I'd do anything for you," Jane vowed.
"Well then...Jane, I want you to hold me firmly. Kiss me sweetly. Whisper to me softly. And love me gently. I love you, Jane, more than even I can comprehend. I never want to live without you," Maura said, looking into deep dark chocolate eyes. Jane was momentarily speechless, but smiled.
"Whatever makes you happy," Jane said simply. Maura smiled, tears springing to her eyes. She through her arms around Jane's neck kissing her passionately.