Chapter I - The Beginning

I rolled around falling off my bed I screamed
" ah! " I groaned I hate when this happens! I thought
" little girl! You alright!? " Caspian asked me
" I'm fine! " I said getting up I got dress in a white Harem pants and green tube top and green arm sleeves I went out " are we there yet? " I asked mom
" almost! " she said flying " wanna fly for a bit? " she asked I shook my head " oh right you have your dancer arm sleeves on... " she said seeing them
" are those new? " she asked I nodded " Caspian gave them for me! " I explained.

I went outside the ship laying my arms on the rails I saw the creature flying right above I lifted my hand touching them I giggled smiling later I played a board game with Caspian I was closer to him then anyone else I heard him whispering to himself as I moved " I win... " I said " come on that's the third time! " he said I stare at him " today! " He said
" and it's Monday!! " he said " we are here! " someone said I turned to her I nodded I got I sat on the ship watching my mom Callisto talking to Searcher I think his name was about what's been happening.

I leaned on my knees watching them I heard my name " who? " some asked.

Ethan POV -

" who? " I asked a girl around my age jumped down right in front of me I yelped " me! " she said " since when did you have a daughter? " dad asked she was really pretty gotta admit she looked up at Callisto then back us " a little bit after I last saw you! " Callisto said " but she's not why were here! " she said
" why are you here? " dad asked " there is something we need to show you.

We went inside her daughter sat on the table " where you find these? " Dad asked " it started in the northeast territory, and it's been spreading like wildfire ever since. " she said " according to our estimates, every crop will be infected within a month. " she said me and mom stared at each other shock " including your farm. " she said " Searcher, I'm mounting an expedition to save Pando, and I want you to come with me. " she said " Callisto, I don't go on expeditions. " dad said " I'm not my father. " he said.

" yeah. He didn't come back, you did. And you brought back a miracle. " Callisto said " and now there's something wrong with it. " she said they talked a little bit " look at how they glow out there. It's like a heartbeat, isn't it? " dad asked looking out the window I saw Callisto daughter hand over heart her eyes were closed looking down I looked at her confused " Searcher! I was there when you found Pando. Look what it's give us. Airships, lights in our homes. But most importantly, it showed us our future wasn't out there somewhere, but here! Pando's dying Searcher. You and I, we have an obligation to save it. " Callisto said.

Dad looked at me and mom she exhaled I turned to him smiling I saw Callisto daughter eyes open looking at him dad sighs " okay! " he said
" yes. When do we head out? " I asked going towards him " whoa, whoa. Hold up. Your not coming with me. " he said " but we do everything together. " I said
" not this! " he said " then what's the point of you showing me how to grow Pando my whole life? " I asked " So you can take over the farm. " he answered
" but this is so much more important! " I said.

" no. " He said " but, dad. " I said " I will not risk your life. " he says " not now, not ever. " he said I grunt frustrated going to my room " Ethan. " he said I grunted again " Ethan. " he said I grunt angrily closing the door I sat on my bed arms crossed my eyes looked at the wall I turned to my left then back down Wait a minute! I thought looking back I yelped jumping backwards frightened " you almost gave me a heart attack! " I said placing a hand over my heart panting seeing Callisto daughter " how did you get in here so fast? " I asked her.

" can you speak? Are you a mute? " I asked curiously getting up turning to her " no... " she said " so you can speak just shy I guess? " I asked with my hands on the back of my neck she nodded " does your mom know your not in the ship? " I asked concerned she shook her head " uh-huh.... " I said " happen to know anyways to get onto the ship...? " I asked she took my hand I yelped as she pulled me we managed to sneak pass everyone somehow and got inside.

" hey I've never got your name! " I whispered
" Sahara. " she said " pretty! I'm Ethan! " I said extending my hand she shook it " come! " she said I followed her curiously we hid up in a attic like thing listening in she laid on the rail things I sat on them
" can you hear them? " I asked her she nodded she explained what they were talking about.

" whoa what is that? " I asked her seeing a round circle thingy in the ground " Heart Of Pando... " she whispered then turned to me shocked she pulled me out of the place and we looked outside she placed her hand on the window smiling in amazed I looked around it was all glowing green.