He gave his answer with a kiss on her lips. "Kurta kyun pehna aaj?"

She gave a wide smile, "Gurudwara jaa rahi huin. Socha tumahare liye prathana karu, you know before your shooting starts. Baba ji ki meher hogi toh yeh movie blockbuster hogi, dekhna... Papa kehtey hain, man proposes, God disposes. So, you do your hardwork and rest rab ji will take care... hehehe..."

"Main bhi chalu?"

"Haan chalo, neki aur pooch pooch!"

He went towards the closet and got a white cotton kurta for himself and changed it before her.

"Tumhe koi pehchan lega! Tum na mask pehen lo" she advised while wearing a red dupatta around her.

Sidharth got distracted and was confused how to ask her about his intentions that had been occupied since morning. He thought to go with the flow. He knew mom would be baffled to know about his abrupt Gurudwara visit. Well, everything he does is unexpected anyways, she would understand, he thought!

She took him to the Gurudwara near her old apartment, she still must discover places near his apartment. It was a small one, less crowded and very peaceful. Divan hall, the main prayer hall, barely had five devotees. They both sat there in silence, listening to morning prayers.

He whispered, "Shehnaaz!"

"Hmm" adjusting her dupatta over her head she turned to look at him. He looked so handsome with a head scarf. He took his mask off as there were barely anyone and they were sitting at the back of the hall.

"Shaadi karegi mere se?"

Rather getting surprised she immediately answered him very coolly, "Yeh bhi koi poochne ki baat hain? Hugh... tumko toh kabka maine apna pati mann liya" she spoke in humor.

"Acha? Kab se?" he chortled.

"Bachpan se... Mere ghar jaoge na. Dilli, tab mere room main hi rukogey. Tab na, open my cupboard and look at the doors inside. Saare tumhare photos hi milenge.." she giggled closing her mouth.

"Paagal! I am serious..."

"Like Saachi wali saadi?"

"Ab yeh kya hota hain bey? Jhuti wali shaadi kon se hoti hain?"

"Arre woh jo movies main tumne itne saare heroineoo ke saath kari hain!"

"Are you mad? I am serious."

"Hayee... tum phir se gussa mat ho jaana. Aaj ke din ache se reh lo. Phir do teen mahine dur rehna hain! Baba ji, dekh lo please!" she joined her palms and closed her eyes faking being serious.

"Tu chal" he got up and held her hand.

"Kahan? Ab yeh mat bolna yahi tum char phere lene wale ho? Hayee... Prasad toh le lo!" she stopped him before he could exit out with her.

They went straight to his car after taking some Kada prasad. Some people hustled around seeing him without the mask and clicked some pictures as well.

He was fast to start the car and drove away from there.

He called Kaushik and then mom and asked if everything was ready.

Shehnaaz was clueless of what was happening. "Will anyone tell me what's happening?"

"We are getting married today!" Sidharth announced parking his car across the building which looked like a temple.

"Hugh? Haaan? Kya?" she expelled out the air with a cough.

"Married? Matlab?" she asked to clarify.

"Married matlb kya bey, nahi pata kya tujhe? Tere what if's ka answer. I am going to be yours forever, yours for the lifetime, yours for several of my other births... Now there is no what if's, no agar no magar... I am yours and you are mine! Tere jo saare altu-faltu, kooda dimag main baara hua hain na... this is the answer for that... Samjhi ya aur samjhau?" he exited out leaving the open-mouthed Shehnaaz behind who was still processing what he said.

He came around and opened her door, undid her seat belt, held her arms and asked her to come out. She followed behind him to the temple like building. She saw Preeti di there, Shradha and Suchi outside.

"Di aap?" she asked shocked seeing everyone.

"Did you tell her or not?" Preeti doubted Sidharth.

"Still in shock... give us a moment!" he called for and took her in an alley between the walls, in seclusion.

"Shehnaaz..." he shook her by shoulders to bring her back from shock.

"Are we... really? Are we getting married? You are not kidding right?" she asked getting nervous. Her eyes doubtful, water just visible to pour down.

"No, I am not... See I know this is not the way you might have thought a proposal would be or a marriage would be. But tere saath sab kuch special hain Shehnaaz. Even, this moment! With you I could never think and act it had always been in a flash. I think this is the best thing happened with me and it's always with you, you know!" he paused gauging her expressions, who without blinking was concentrating on his words.

He cupped her face and continued, "I had always made all my important decisions very carefully, dragging out the process until my mental resources are drained. But with you whatever I decide is not strategic, it's faster, instinct and it's always the best. I love you Shehnaaz and I want to tell you; you are the only one in my life. I am dead without you. Tu soch bhi nahi sakti the what if's you asked yesterday reflected my insecurities. What if you leave me? How will I breathe, Shehnaaz?"

She had tears coming down her cheeks listening to his confessions. She closed his mouth with her palms, "Bas, aise nahi bolthey!"

He held her palm and kissed it. He had tears coming down from one eye.

"Tumhe pata hain, this is dream come true. After whatever happened to me in the past, I thought I would never get married. I am cursed and always have hesitation when the topic of marriage comes. Acha hua tumne aise sudden plan kar diya shaadi ka, otherwise main toh kunwari hi marr jati." She responded with humor.

Everything was chaos. They didn't have much time to contemplate. Time was running out. Just an hour for them to the time given for their marriage slot. In two different rooms they were getting ready. Neeti di had arrived just on time from Bangalore with her husband.

Shehnaaz' s parents and her brother were still on way and was combating their journey from airport to the venue in Mumbai traffic.

Swapna, being the beautician, helped her to dress up. She applied the instant mehndi, and everything needed for a bride. Due to last minute call Preeti di had got them both wedding attire from a posh shop in a hurry. Karou and Nandu on the other hand were man-of-all-work! Meera was the photographer of the day. Kaushik managed overall.

Rita maa along with her sister, was with Sidharth helping, advising, scolding, and then admiring him all at once. She was disappointed as she didn't expect this hurried marriage for her son. She had expectations but she also knew her son was in love, deeply and passionately.

It may be ironic and striking, because it is easy to think that it would have been perfect if it had been a well-planned wedding but even with the chaos & imperfection there was something perfect occurring. Sometimes imperfections help us to be afraid. Trying to solve them helps us to have courage. However, the human being is imperfect, hence anyone, no matter how insignificant they feel, can accomplish great feats.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello my dear friends and readers,

I hope you like this update. This story is almost in it's end. Just a chapter more to go...

Vote, comment and Follow me. Happy to have 504 followers..

I request to please follow me... my silent, hidden readers!

Love,

Vidya 💛💛💛