"You know they're good boys." She tells him. "They even tried to help me with washing up." She sounds so proud.

Wei Ying smiles, his first really genuine one so late in the day.

They wave and he goes back inside.

The movie marathon starts with the Lion King, which Lan Zhan has never seen before, followed by the Jungle Book, and they sing along to the songs.

This is a whole new experience for Lan Zhan, who was taught to watch in silence, and also hadn't seen this one, either.

Wei Ying is shocked but totally on board to tease him about it, later.

Dinner is grilled cheese toast, tomato puree and pizza sauce for the kids and chilli sauce for Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan films everything and sometimes Wei Ying does too, getting content for their eventual YouTube channel.

Then it's back to watching one more movie, as there's no school tomorrow.

This time, it's Beauty and the Beast.

Wei Ying catches Lan Zhan looking at him more than once, over the heads of the kids sitting in between them. When Lan Zhan goes into the kitchen to make hot chocolate for them, Wei Ying follows him in.

He stands at the doorway, watching Lan Zhan work.

Lan Zhan has rolled his sleeves up, exposing those deliciously lickable forearms and making Wei Ying's mouth water, but that's for later. He watches Lan Zhan stir the mixture carefully, making sure the kids don't burn their mouths on the hot drink, and that the temperature is just right. He adds loads of soft pink marshmallows and waits. He's so at ease here, in the kitchen. Not just this particular one, but with cooking in general, oozing a confidence which is just plain hot.

Wei Ying is overcome with a wave of love for this sweet, sweet man.

He goes into his waiting arms when Lan Zhan turns around with a raised brow.

"I love you." Wei Ying tells him, nuzzling closer and inciting a huff of amusement.

"I love Wei Ying." Lan Zhan kisses the top of his head.

"Are you okay?" Wei Ying asks him.

"Mn, why?"

"It's just that ... while we were watching...um, it seemed like you were thinking about something. A penny for your thoughts?" Wei Ying looks up at him.

Lan Zhan just feels awed.

Wei Ying is stunning, even in this yellow light of the kitchen. His beauty is incomparable, and he has no words for what he's feeling now. Those gorgeous silver eyes remind him of galaxies, stars shining in their brilliance, now full of curiosity. And the more Lan Zhan looks at him, the more a pink blush finds its way onto his lovely face.

And he's forgotten the question.

"Please can you repeat what you asked?" He says, unashamed because it is Wei Ying himself, who made Lan Zhan forget.

Wei Ying giggles, both embarrassed and feeling a little coy. Shy because no one has ever been this way with him. He feels appreciated and seen.

It's a good feeling.

So he does what Lan Zhan asked him to do.

"Penny for your thoughts. It's a common phrase. It means a payment..." Wei Ying stares back at him, cheekily playful, the tip of his tongue peeking out from the side of his mouth.

"Mn...really?" Lan Zhan bites out, equally playful. "But, since I have no use for pennies..."

"Oh...is that so?" Wei Ying gasps as Lan Zhan licks along the side of his neck. "W-what kind of payment...ah...does Lan Zhan have in mind, then?"