𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 1, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 15: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓕𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

Start from the beginning

"Use the kids."

Harry looked around, wondering where the voice was coming from when Y/N jabbed him with her elbow.

"Ow!" he muttered quietly. "What was that for?"

"The voice," Y/N whispered back, motioning to Quirrell's turban. "Call me crazy, but I think the voice was coming from there."

Before Harry could respond, Quirrell turned to them. "Come here, Potter, Black."

Y/N and Harry looked at each other before hesitantly walking towards Quirrell. Y/N stood next to Quirrell with Harry on her other side, rather close to her. She didn't mind it though - she enjoyed the fact that he was close to her.

It made her feel... safe, in a way.

"Tell me ... what do you see?"

Y/N looked into the mirror, and for a few seconds, she only saw herself and Harry standing next to Quirrell, when suddenly, Harry's reflection reached into its pocket and pulled out a gleaming red ruby which she realized, with a jolt of the heart, was the Sorcerer's Stone. Harry's reflection gave the stone to Y/N's reflection, who dropped it into her pocket; Harry and Y/N stared as both of their reflections smiled and winked. Y/N felt her pocket and realized the Stone really was in her pocket.

"What is it?" Quirrell asked, glancing at Harry and Y/N while speaking. "What do you see?"

"Um ..." Y/N looked at Quirrell, then at the mirror, then back to Quirrell. "G-Gryffindor's just won the House Cup. I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore."

"She lies..."

"Tell me the truth!" Quirrell yelled angrily. "What do you see?!"

"Let me speak to them," the voice hissed as Y/N and Harry backed away.

"Master, you are not strong enough."

"I have enough strength for this."

Quirrell reached up and started unwrapping his turban as he turned his back to the mirror. Harry and Y/N turned to the staircase in the room, wondering if they should make a run for it. They turned back to Quirrell again, who was almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. The kids watched in horror as Quirrell finally finished unwrapping his turban.

Y/N would have screamed, but she couldn't make a sound. Where there should have been a back to Quirrell's head, there was a face, the most terrible face she had ever seen. It was chalk white with glaring red eyes and slits for nostrils, like a snake.

"Harry Potter and Y/N Black. We meet again."

"Voldemort," Harry breathed, realizing who he was. He wanted to take a step back, but his legs couldn't move, no matter how hard he tried to move them.

"Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket." He turned his gaze to Y/N, who realized that he was referring to the Sorcerer's Stone in her pocket. Upon realizing this, she grabbed Harry's hand and ran back up the stairs.

"Stop them," Voldemort commanded, and Quirrell snapped his fingers, instantly causing fire walls to block all the exits. "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?"

"Never!" Y/N shouted back at him.

"Haha. Bravery. Your parents and mum had it too. Tell me, Harry, Y/N, would you like to see your mothers and fathers again? Together we can unify them again, like they once were." In the mirror, Harry and Y/N's parents appeared in the reflection as Voldemort said this. "All I ask for is something in return."