"She hasn't been sleeping well," Jace offered with a polite smile.

"I see," Alicent replied, the cool mask shuttering her features once again, "I will send the maester up with a tonic." Visaera could only nod in agreement.

"Thank you, your grace," she offered softly, before Jace pulled her along.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked. Her grip on his arm tightened but she nodded.

"I'll be fine, Jace, really," she insisted.

In the gardens, a table had been decorated with an assortment of treats and Baela and Rhaena were waiting for her with smiles pasted on their faces. As they took turns embracing her, Visaera couldn't help but feel like her family was setting her up for something. The entire situation felt like a farce, like they were trying to coax something out of her that wasn't there.

Visaera didn't have the energy for any of it. Offering a smile and polite conversation only when absolutely necessary, she hoped her sisters would be satisfied with her attempt to participate.

"My apologies for taking so long," Helaena's voice filled Visaera with relief but, when she looked up her stomach dropped. Her aunt was tugging her uncles along behind her, both of them looking like they'd rather be anywhere else.

Visaera stiffened in her chair and tried to focus on her cup of tea. When she realized her hands were trembling, however, she set the cup down and clasped her hands together beneath the table. Desperately hoping no one would speak to her, she kept her eyes in her lap. The tension caused by Aegon and Aemond's presence was palpable and her siblings had gone quiet. Already, she felt suffocated, by the heat, the expectations, the need to please everyone around her...

"How are you, Visaera?" Aegon offered when Helaena had finally forced her brothers to sit. His voice was soft and curious and she fought the urge to look at him, knowing she would cry if she did.

"Fine, thank you, my prince," she answered softly, none of the usual familiarity in her reply. Jace snorted and shook his head, knowing full well she was far from fine.

"You must forgive her lack of participation today, she hadn't been sleeping," Rhaena offered.

"Rhaena—"

"Your mother said the maester will bring her a tonic; hopefully that helps—"

"Jace—"

"Perhaps, she'd like to try the tea I drink before bed?" Helaena offered. Visaera was physically shaking as the conversation continued.

"Maybe she needs—" She slammed her hands down on the table and rose from her seat.

"If one more person speaks about me as if I'm not right fucking here, I swear to the Gods, I will kill you all," she gritted out. The entirety of her family stared at her in shocked silence. The constricting feeling from their last family dinner was returning and Visaera felt like she couldn't breathe, an invisible arm tightening around her chest until she grew light-headed.

"Vis?" She blinked repeatedly and used her hand to steady herself against the table, feeling dizzy.

"Excuse me..." she finally choked out. As she rushed to leave, Jace reached for her but she batted his hands away. She hurried through the gardens, only vaguely realizing someone was following.

"Vis?" She shook her head and continued, needing to put as much distance between herself and that her family as possible. "Visaera!" Helaena was yelling her name, but she couldn't hear her. Visaera's ears were ringing and she leaned against a tree, trying desperately to catch her breath.