Chapter 7 ~ Facecards

Start from the beginning

Above us was an airballoon with a giant facecard displayed. "The king of spades," Chishiya said. He looked at me and handed me some sort of can with wires in it. "Here you go. A good luck charm." "What is this? A bomb?", Kuina questioned. "Use it when you're in a pinch. It's an apology gift." "Don't worry, I forgive you. Thanks."

Arisu and Usagi switched sides, carrying a person. They had good intentions, but it was too late for thr man in their arms.
"The king of spades... he's alone," Arisu informed.

"We are screwed here!"
"We'll get shot if we run!"
Right after, a dark green car stopped behind us.
"Get in!", Tatta yelled. "Hurry up and get in!" Ann was in the passenger's seat.

Unfortunately Chishiya and I weren't fast enough and a bomb was thrown in between the car and us. "Shit, drive!"
Here we were, seperated again, this time it is more terrifying to find eachother. We used a car as a shield to protect us from the explosion and the king of spades luckily didn't see us, instead he had the others as a target.

"He skipped us."
"That's great, are you okay?", Chishiya queried.
"Yeah yeah, you?"
"Same for me."
He looked around for a second and walked in a certain direction.
"Where are you going?"
"Our first place we 'lived' in is very near. I hope nobody used it after we left. We're better off staying there for some time."
I nodded and we made our way to the second floor of the apartment.

The intense smell of spoiled food hit my nose which gave me the tough urge to gag. In there were some old clothes too, including my uniform for work. We threw everything that we didn't need out.
"What do you want to eat?"
"I don't know."
"What about ramen? Easy to make," I offered.
"Alright, I'm going to get the cups."

He went outside and 'ran' to the nearest store, slower than any turtle. I on the other hand arranged the beds to not face the window or the door directly. Chishiya came back with 6 cups of noodles, some packs of cookies and 4 sandwiches.

During lunch he told me: "There are more airballoons. They want us to play the other games while the king of spades is roaming around. The nearest one is the jack of hearts. About 10 miles away." Ahhh, a heart game, the worst type. I've played only one heart game so far, that was against Mira. It's not that I'm bad at them, it's just the 'playing with the feelings of others'. I couldn't do such thing. I even saved Mira that day, just cause my stupid heart was soft.

"Let's do one tomorrow."
All we did was talk or zone out for the rest of the day. At some point I explored the building, but there was nothing new to see. Every room was identical.

I layed on my bed, holding my blanket tightly. The overthinking began. How will I find Arisu this time? Will he manage? What about the others? I mean the king of spades was literally following them. It could've been that they were already dead. A single tear silently fell from my cheek. I wondered with my mind to a different subject, still not a good one though.

Me and Chishiya are friends. No- best friends, but nothing more. I lost all feelings towards him and I knew Mira was behind this. If only she didn't kiss me that night. If only I didn't fall for her. I hate her. I hate myself. Did she even like me or was everything thoughts from my delusional side? I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off.

I woke up to see an unusual letter folded in half beside my arm. I opened it up and it contained a short message. "Meet me -M" and some coordinates like I'd care. I ripped the paper without thinking and threw it into the garbage bin. I didn't want to be near a manipulator. Throughout the day I had gotten another one, the exact same thing was on it, so I did the same. I was frustrated. I want her to leave me alone.
Maybe she did like me... that was a thought a manipulator wanted to hear. Shut up Y/n.