chapter forty-two

Start from the beginning

I laughed softly and handed Maya over to her big brother.

"Here you go." I say quietly.

"Is everyone ready?" Devale asked walking over to me.

"Yeah I'm just waiting for Skyh and KJ." I say turning to him.

We both looked at one another and tried to make contact. I broke it by laughing a little bit. Devale moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What's so funny?" He asked chuckling.

"Nothing. I'm just laughing." I say shaking my head.

"You looking good." Devale said in my ear.

I clear my throat before responding. "Thank you." I whisper.

He turned his head and kind of stepped in front of me.

"Can we go talk in the back before we start?" He asked me.

I nod slowly, "Yeah sure." I said. "Mom can you watch Maya? We'll be back." I announce to the small group of people.

As Devale and I walked to the back I started to get nervous. We haven't really seriously talked about everything that was mentioned before he left back to New York. It was a situation where we literally just had sex and then he left. The sex was passionate and romantic, but we still haven't clarified anything. The only thing we've agreed on is that we love each other. That's good and all but what's next?

"What's up? What do you want to talk about?" I ask sitting down on one of the seats in the hallway.

Devale sighed and sat down next to me. "I really just want to tell you a few things before we start this beautiful evening." He said. "I just wanna know what we're doing?" He asked me.

"I mean whatever you're ready for, I'll follow your lead. I'm putting the ball in your court." I quickly respond to him.

"I was gonna tell you the same thing." He said smiling.

"So what does this mean?" I ask confusingly.

Devale shrugged, "I'll be a single man in a few months so when you ready to get this party started, I'll be here." He said winking at me.

I laughed his comment off and shook my head. "You are so stupid." I say standing up. "Let's go."

"We finna start without them." Devale said referring to KJ and Skyh.

"I told them to leave an hour ago." I say grabbing ahold of Devale's hand.

He kissed the backside of my hand while looking me in the eyes. I felt myself melt.

"I love you." He said to me.

"I love you too." I whisper to him.

He stopped walked and stepped in front of me. He grabbed my face, putting his hand under my chin like he always does and starts kissing me. It wasn't a holy church kiss either. I think he even grabbed my ass at one point. Whatever kind of kiss it was, it felt really good.

Devale