The Torch God

"Do we have enough torches?"

Jack, struggling to carry the torches, squeaked, "kinda?"

Navashark turned and looked at him impatiently. 

"Look I'm sorry, okay? I lost count."

He sighed and turned away, looking back at the crafting station, and then at his inventory. "Well, I don't have any gel remaining anyway, might as well go."

"Where are we going again?" 

"Torch god."

"Is this some sort of Terraria boss?"

"No." 

"Then why are we going?"

"Are you ever out of questions?"

He shut up after that. 

They went down these premade stairs into what seemed like some underground room. It had three floors that you could jump in between them if you wanted, beside from that it was empty. Navashark took a handful of the torches Jack was holding and started placing them around everywhere.

"What are you-"

"Just copy me." 

In silence the two were placing down torches everywhere they could. It took a while, but by the end of it they stood on the bottom floor and Nava started counting under his breath.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8..."

Jack stood in awkward silence as Nava kept counting, "94, 95, 96, screw it, if you keep moving maybe the game will miscalculate the numbers or something." 

Jack, still confused, obeyed, and started walking around, spinning, doing cartwheels, whatever he could think of that could be classified as movement. Navashark didn't say anything, just watched him, checking his phone for the time every once in a while. 

Then it started.

"Why can't I see that far? Navashark?? Where are you!" Jack said, about to do another cartwheel.  Suddenly torch flames began to shoot off at Jack. He screamed and started running, flailing his arms around trying to dodge the balls of fire. Navashark started heading out, he'd already gotten the Torch God's Favor, and was lucky he had. 

He shouted, "I'll be outside if you need me, don't leave the area until it's over! Also try not to, y'know, die?" 

He didn't think Jack heard him, but he went out regardless and covered the entrance just in case.

Meanwhile Jack was unsuccessfully trying not to get hit. His brain went on auto-pilot, swerve, run, jump, slide , repeat. He really didn't understand what was going on, the torches seemingly disappeared after they shot at him, but he didn't pay attention to that. Then, as soon as it started, it was over. 

Jack stood there, breathing heavily, scratches and burns everywhere along his body, and just tried to contemplate what had just happened. He could see perfectly fine now, and all the torches were lit again. He looked around before staring at the blocked off entrance.

Bang bang bang. 

"Nava! I've finished - I think. Navashark!" 

He opened the entrance before helping Jack back up to the surface area, "How was it," he grinned,"Any fun?" 

Jack stared at him before extinguishing a small flame on his shoulder. 

"Yeah yeah, I admit, I think I should have told you what was going to happen before hand, but hey, at least you got something out of it."

"What the hell is this supposed to do?" Jack shook the Torch God's Favor at his face. 

Navashark laughed, "C'mon, I'll tell you on the way."

Author's note: Much shorter than the first one honestly, I don't even know if players can hold The Torch God's Favor much less shake it in another player's face. Again, requests on what I should write next are open, feel free to ask whatever. 

568 Words With Author's Note

EDIT: THE NEXT CHAPTERS' COVER DRAWING THINGY HAS BULLETS IN THE WALL AND BLOOD AND IT (OBVIOUSLY) IS GOING TO BE A TOPIC AROUND THAT SUBJECT AND STUFF. GO ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER (WHEN IT'S OUT) IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THAT KIND OF IMAGERY. THANK YOU. (AND IT'S NOT ANGST DW)