ch8: " seriously ?"

Začať od začiatku

"find billy and stop him." lucas answered.

"okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if el could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?"

"we burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time."

"okay, then what?" mike inquired as he stopped to look at the dark skinned boy sitting down.

"then we win." he shrugged and munched in cocoa puffs.

"no, see, that's the problem. we don't. we don't win. we got the mind flayer out of wills before and he just came right back. we don't just have to stop billy, we have to stop the mind flayer."

"how in the hell do we do that?"

"i don't know." mike answered.

"maybe el does. or y/n/n." will cut in.

mike looked at y/n, glared at her, and then looked at the bathroom door, where the other two girls were, giggling. "what are they still doing in there?"

"i don't know." lucas stood up and walked next to mike. "girls just like hanging out in bathrooms."

everyone turned to look at y/n. she looked at the three of them back. "what?" they looked away and turned their attention back to the bathroom door.

"why?" mike questioned.

"i don't know." lucas shrugged, shoving more cocoa puffs down his throat.

"they're conspiring against me."

will turned to look at mike, furrowing his eyebrows. "that's what you're concerned about right now?"

"it's not my main concern. it's just a sub-concern."

"i thought it was already over." will whispered.

"it's not over, okay? we're just taking a break!"

"she said she dumped your ass. that doesn't sound like a break."

"it wasn't!" max shouted from the bathroom. "you guys do realize we can still hear everything you're saying, right?"

y/n snickered quietly, mike turning to look at her. "what are you laughing at?" he asked with attitude.

"you, obviously."

he rolled his eyes and continued talking with the other two boys. "conspiring. i told you, they're conspiring." he whispered.

a knock was heard at the door. "not now, mom!"

"mike, open the door." everyone was shocked at the voice they heard. nancy. mike went up to open the door, revealing jonathan and nancy. will called the girls out of the bathroom and told them that nancy had something urgent she wanted to talk to us about.

"it was the same thing. the exact same thing that happened to will last year. and look at this." nancy reached for the notes that she received from the hospital. "look at the body temperatures." she set them down on the table.

it read 'date: 7/1/85 time: 11:30 temp: 95°' and a bunch of other stuff. will read over it and looked up and the two young adults stood in front of them. "he likes it cold."

"okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer—" mike began to summarize but got cut off by nancy.

"mrs. driscoll."

"right, yeah, mrs. driscoll. what time was this attack?"

"last night." nancy replied.

"right, but what time last night?"

"around 9."

jonathan looked at her shocked. "you waited all night to call?"

"i was waiting for the doctors to run some tests."

"you weren't there?" will scolded his older brother.

"well, i'm here now, aren't i?"

"hallelujah!" nancy sarcastically sighed.

"ooh." lucas raises his eyebrows. y/n just smiled a bit at the sarcasm.

"um, so, what time was your sauna test?" nancy pinched the bridge of her nose.

"around 9." everyone replied.

"well, that proves it. that proves my theory. she's flayed, just like billy."

"flayed?" jonathan inquired.

"the mind flayer. he flays people. takes over their mind. once they do that, they basically become him."

"if there are two flayed—" lucas began.

"we have to assume there are more." will finished.

"heather." el spoke. everyone turned to look at her. "bill was doing something to her. she was scared. she was screaming. bad screams."

"what's a good scream?" lucas enquired.

"max said—"

"doesn't matter." max cut el off. y/n hid her smile as bes as she could, knowing exactly what they meant.

"i'm sorry." nancy cut in. "i'm lost. who's heather?"

"she's a lifeguard at the pool." max answered.

"heather holloway?"

the two girls nodded their heads. nancy and jonathan looked at each other. "tom."

the group rushed outside and got into nancy's car. everyone except will, y/n, and mike got in. so that meant the three had to sit in the very back.

"seriously?"

"you have got to be kidding me." y/n said quietly under her breath.

"welcome to my world." will shrugged and got into the back, the other two following behind him.

"seat belts." nancy instructed the kids. they all obliged and nancy started the car, beginning their journey.