JANUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

Start from the beginning

lowfantasy

Recent Reading List Features

Check out these fantastic stories that we have featured in our reading lists!

Hearts and Magical Strings

Stronger as One by IvetoR
Bride Behind The Mask by wildx22

Dark Days

Twin Paradox by inky_jin
Oath of Steel by AtheinaVismark

Legends from the Tales

Mirror World: The Last Guardian by -agustellar

The World Among Us

A Realm of Magic & Mayhem by AdriellaReina

mythandlegend

Profile Updates

We updated our Profile Guide to include descriptions of our reading lists and a few helpful links. We encourage you to review it here.

Anthology

Last month, we posted articles about myths, legends, and folktales. Some of the most notable include "Krai Thong & Chalawan" from Thai mythology and "Perseus & Medusa" from Greek Mythology. Next month, we will share some stories from Japanese mythology. A link to the full anthology of articles is available here if you need inspiration for your stories. We will reopen for user submissions sometime next month, so stay tuned if you've got a story to share!

Interviews

This month, we featured MarcellaLunaAuthor, the Fantasy winner in the Amby Awards 2022 and author of "Heir Arising". Check out their interview here.

retold

Profile Updates

We updated our Profile Guide to include descriptions of our reading lists and a few helpful links. We encourage you to review it here.

Ongoing Contest

ReTold & ReGold is back! We are kicking things off with Title It Gold With Classics. The challenge is to pick one classic, create a name for the story and submit it via this submission form. From there, Retold & ClassicAuthors will pick some of the best names and use them to create prompts for you to write about! The deadline to submit your ideas is February 28th, 2023 11:59 PM EST. For more info, visit this link.