He glanced over to his window, and to the phone on his nightstand.

Mike smiled slightly, as he ran to dial wills number.

The phone rang a few times, before someone picked up.

"Hey, is This will?" Mike asked into the phone.

"Uh no, this is Jane?" Jane spoke into the phone.

"What are You Doing in Wills Room?" Mike asked.

"What do you mean? You called my phone." Jane said.

Mikes eyes widened slightly, which made him facepalm his forehead.

"Uh, my bad. Could you put him on the line?" Mike asked.

"I guess." Jane said. "WILL! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE YOUR DUMBASS BOYFRIEND CALLED THE WRONG PHONE!" Jane yelled.

"Don't tell him I called the wrong phone!" Mike yelled into the phone.

"Too late." Jane said, before handing Will the phone.

"Hello?" Will spoke into the speaker.

"Will!" Mike said, a smile forming onto his face.

"Hi mike!" Will said, sounding more joyful.

"Uh, I have a question for you." Mike said.

"Hm? What is it?" Will asked.

"Well, I was wondering if we could take a walk in the woods together, like today?" Mike asked, his fingers twirling the cord.

"Yeah, Sure!" Will Said.

"Okay great! How about we meet at 1pm?" Mike asked.

"Yeah! I'll see you soon!" Will said.

"Yeah, see you soon." Mike said. "I love you." Mike mumbled.

"What was that last part?" Will asked.

"Oh, uh nothing, bye!" Mike said, slamming the phone down.

Mikes face heated up quickly, he didn't mean to say that.

"I'm so dumb." Mike said, putting his face into his hands.

————————-

About an hour later Mike looked at the clock, knowing he should start getting ready.

Mike changed his clothes, and grabbed his backpack.

Mike shoved some things in his backpack, before slowly opening his window.

He opened his window completely.

He was about to climb out, when he heard a voice behind him.

"Micheal wheeler! What the hell are you doing!?" Karen yelled.

Mike leg was out the window, so he completely froze.

He slowly turned his head, to look at his mother.

His mom stood in shock, her mouth a bit open, but her eyebrows scrunched in anger.

"Would you believe me if I told you I was going to get some fresh air?" Mike said, awkwardly smiling at her.

"Mike, get yourself in this house and close the damn window." She said, standing in the door way.

Mike slowly brought his leg in the house, turning to the window and closing it.

Mike turned back to his mom, standing awkwardly with his backpack in his arms.

"Now, why were your trying to sneak out." Karen asked.

"Well I was going to meet up with Will-" he started, but was cut off.

"Ugh, it's always goddamn Will! You know what, your acting like a fag, Micheal. You need to stop hanging out with him. That includes talking to him on the phone." She said.

Mikes eyes widened, as she walked over to his night stand, unplugging the phone.

"No! Mom!" He said, dropping his backpack, and running over to his mom.

He grabbed onto the phone, trying to take it out of her hands.

"Micheal! Give me the damn phone!" She yelled, getting it out of mikes grip.

"No, don't take it away! How am I supposed to communicate with..." mike started, but couldn't finish the sentence.

"With?" His mom said, the phone under her arm.

Then in clicked in his mind, he could just say he has a girlfriend.

"My girlfriend!" Mike exclaimed, making Karen's eyes widened.

"Girlfriend? You have a girlfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah, I was actually going to hang out with her right now." Mike lied, praying to god this would work.

"Well, you can't go out now, but you can call her anytime." She said, handing the phone back to mike.

Mikes eyebrows raised in surprise, he couldn't believe that actually worked.

"I want to meet her soon, though." She said, winking at him as she left.

Wasn't she just screaming at him a minute ago?

Mike ignored that, all he could think about was that he could lie that he had a girlfriend to hang out with Will.

But he needed someone to be his fake girlfriend if his mom insisted to meet her.

Then the perfect person came to mind.

Jane.

——————————
1101 words
-mars