Chapter 8: The decision

Start from the beginning

* * *

"My name is Amanda Fury and I like to speak with you about the Secret Avengers Initiative." Izuku heard the woman and he couldn't believe what he heard, like his jaw was on the ground.

"As in **the** Avengers. The earth's mightiest heroes, the greatest hero team ever assembled, Barton's old team. That Avengers." Amanda nodded with a blank face that could give Aizawa a run for his money. I mean Izuku has never seen a face so stoic and bored, it was almost like the woman was emotionless.

"Yes, but more secretive."

"What do you mean by that?" Izuku followed up wanting to get more information out of her.

"The world disbanded the Avengers which was the greatest mistake in mankind history, and we made a lot of them. The world needs the Avengers and I'm bringing them back, but more covert." Amanda told him and Izuku wanted to know more.

"Oooh, but what do you mean by that." Amanda narrowed her eyes at her and the teen actually shivered from her frosty gaze. '_Sheesh and I thought Aizawa had one cold gaze, but this woman is on another level. _

"I'm not going to tell you more unless you accept the invitation, but I will tell you this." Amanda got up from the chair and walked to Izuku's side.

"Barton saw something special in you and I don't know what that is, but he was willing to teach most if not all his knowledge. Knowledge that shouldn't be given to a teenage kid that nearly killed himself over some bad news, but yet he taught you. That means that you're special." Izuku looked down at the table at that, he knew that he meant something special to Barton, but he didn't know all of that. He honestly thought that he was some stray that he saved when he nearly killed himself.

"What do you want me to do, Miss Fu-"

"Fury, just Fury." Izuku awkwardly nodded and continued.

"Ok Fury, but you didn't my question."

"I want you to honor the man who saved you, who taught you, and who trained you. I want you to be a part of a team that Barton wanted back together. I want you to reach the potential that Hawkeye saw in you. I want you to be a lot of things, but at the end of the day it's not my decision to make. The decision is yours to make, Izuku. So, what is it going to be a kid?"

Izuku was silent throughout the whole thing, he didn't know what to say. Join the Avengers, honor Barton, but what he dreamed of being ever since he was a child, but that was thing. He couldn't do it because his arm was taken. If he joined he would be useless, like a Deku. Izuku looked down and sighed.

"You really do look like your father." Izuku widen his eyes and looked back up at the dark skinned woman. Izuku barely remembers his father, all he has is images that his mother kept around. When he asked her about him she said that he died in a fire and that he was a hero.

"You..You know my father?!" Amanda ignored the loud tone from the boy and just plainly nodded her head.

"Yes, he used to work for me." Izuku heard the word used to and his mind began to spiral. His father somehow knew the woman the shot his mom, shot him, and lets not forget kidnapped him.

"How?!"

"He worked for me as one of my agents. How else do think you're quirkless, your father was one." Izuku widen his eyes again, for that was not something he knew. His mom told that his father had a quirk that allowed him to breathe fire.

"That's not possible. My dad had quirk, he could shoot flames from his mouth." Izuku was so sure of himself when he said the sentence, but he was wrong for Amanda shook her head.