Chapter 19: I'm Not Going Anywhere

Start from the beginning

Gwen tried not to let her eyes wander and keep Toobstone's attention on her as Peter crept up behind him. Peter tapped the villain on the shoulder, waiting for him to turn, before vocalizing a quick, "Peekaboo," before punching him square in the face. Tombstone stumbled about thee steps before tripping over his own feet and landing flat on his back.

Gwen fastened his limbs down with webbing before. turning to Peter with a quick roll of her eyes, "Why do you guys do that?"

One of Peter's lenses enlarged as he raised a brow, "Huh?"

"You and Miles. Why do you talk so much in fights?" She placed a hand on her hip, "It's kind of annoying."

Peter let's out a laugh as he put both hands on his back and arched it, inducing a few loud cracks. He lifted a finger to his head as if pointing at his brain, "It's strategic. It throws the enemy off guard."

Gwen shook her head with a groan, "It's stupid and just makes the enemy want to fight you more."

Peter shrugs, "Agree to disagree. I think it helps." A pause and then, "I also think it's funny to see them get all mad."

Gwen rolled her eyes. Of course he would say that. The girl took a few steps forward, looking back at Peter over her shoulder, "Let's go find the others. They looked like they could use the help."

Peter nodded in agreement, lifting his wrist skyward in preparation to fire a web. "Alright let's go- AAAAGGGHH!"

Gwen eyes widened when Peter screamed as his was dragged into the air, by Adrian, the man in the metal vulture suit. She instantly swung after them, though she didn't make much headway. The vulture could fly, while she could only swing.

"Why couldn't I have been bitten by a radioactive eagle or something?"

Gwen winced and shook the thought from her mind once she pictured the scenario.

"Actually, scratch that. That sounds painful."

The blond heroine tried her best to keep up with the vulture as his metal wind carried him every which way, throughout the skies, but she was quickly falling behind.

Peter struggled to pry off the talons that had latched around his arm, but it was no use.

"Having fun Mister Parker?" Vulture cackled. The man tucked in his wings spinning as he neared the ground, before spreading them out again. Peter cupped a hand over his mouth as vulture flew him into the corner of a building concrete breaking from the impact and landing in the streets.

"It's actually better than my first time flying," Peter spoke choppily through gritted teeth, "The first time I barfed on the lady next to me. You keep flying like this and you're in for a show."

Gwen grimaced under her mask. She did not want to see that.

The heroine fire two webs, using them to propel herself forward. That seemed to close the distance just enough for Vulture to be within her webbing range, so fire she did.

Her webbing landed on his left wing. Gwen used her weight to drag Vulture down and he spiraled out of control. He spared higher as he twisted and spun, Gwen hanging on to her web for dear life all the while. She tried her hardest to keep a grip on her web, but her fingers slipped and she was sent sailing through the air.

The girl flipped herself around just in time to stick a landing on nearby a rooftop. Her feet slipped out from under her and she landed on her back with a grunt. She peered up at Adrian Toombes who was casting her a sadistic smile from fifty feet overhead.

Vulture lifted Peter up with his talons, tightening them ever so slightly, just to induce a painful groan from the hero. "You remember this one. Don't you, Spider-woman?" he taunted as he held Peter a bit higher, like he was a trophy. His voice was filled with humor like this was some sort of joke.