"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long." Mike worried as he paced in front of Liv, Max, and Lucas.

Max was sitting on the couch with Liv leaning on her front and Lucas was sitting on the chair.

"Mike, you need to relax." Max told him.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike theorized.

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas asked as he looked at Max and Liv.

"No, it's not. He made it up." Max answered. "Mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."

"Oh, and you do?" Mike stopped pacing.

"Do you two ever stop arguing?" Liv rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Liv. This conversation doesn't involve you." Mike yelled at her causing Liv to look at him in shock.

Max stood up and looked at him in anger. Liv smirked knowing what was about to happen.

Protective girlfriend mode: activated.

Max backed Mike up into a corner. "Talk like that to her again and I'll punch you so hard in the mouth that your teeth will fall out and you won't be able to talk for a week."

Liv bit her lip and sat up in her seat. Mike widened his eyes in fear.

"Now, if you wanna live to see another day than I suggest you apologize to her." Max ordered.

Mike didn't say anything.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Max told him.

"I'm sorry, Liv." Mike quickly said.

Max nodded and went to sit back down next to Liv. Liv sighed and looked Max up and down. Lucas stared at all three of them, not knowing what to say or do.

Max looked at Liv with nothing but lust in her eyes knowing it drove Liv crazy.

"God, Max, don't look at me like that." Liv said as she looked away from Max.

Max smirked while putting her arm around Liv's shoulders and Liv cuddled up into her side.

"What is she still doing in there." Mike mumbled to himself.

"Seriously, Mike?" Liv asked.

"What?"

"You need to stop being so overprotective." Max said.

"What's the supposed to mean?" Mike asked.

"It means you need to stop making decisions for her. She's her own person. She knows her limits." Max told him.

"I'm just trying to protect El." Mike responded.

"She doesn't need protecting." Max rolled her eyes.

"Oh, my God." Liv groaned as she had had enough of their arguing.

Liv stood up and went into the kitchen where the others were looking through the phone book and calling every store on there to see if any more chemicals went missing.

"There's a pattern, okay? A consistency to their behavior." She heard Nancy tell Jonathan. "They've been feeding on these chemicals since this started, and- and, what, they just stop, out of the blue?"

"Maybe they have all the chemicals they need." Will jumped in. "Maybe they've all turned into those... things."

"But what about the source?" Nancy asked. "I mean, did the Mind Flayer just suddenly stop infecting people? And even if the flayed are monsters now, why can't El find them?"