The Night of Lost Friends

Start from the beginning

"Yeah well lately I didn't know if you'd be embarrassed talking to a little nobody like me." The sass was evident in her voice. I don't know what's gotten into her but her attitude is giving me a headache.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I fought back. I'm not one to take shit and not give it back, oops.

"Your always hanging out with them." She put the emphasis on 'them'.

"Jon and Pat?" I didn't know what she was saying. We had just hung out a couple days ago. I have other people in my life besides her.

"Yeah you know the guys you seem to care more about than me?" I was shocked at what she said. Of course I cared about all of them equally just in different ways. Jon was my boyfriend so I obviously cared about him a lot. Janie is my best girl friend and Pat is my best guy friend so I would say they are all equal.

"Look Janie I don't know where you're coming from but-"

"Don't know where I'm coming from? I've been doing everything for the damn store that I don't even care about and you've been flaunting your boyfriend off in front of everyone. Isn't your life just perfect."

"If you don't care about the store than why are you still there, first off. Second Jon and I have only been together for about a week and a half." I reasoned with her. I didn't want to raise my voice unlike Janie who was basically screaming through the phone.

"Whatever Lizzie it won't belong before you run away from him too." She spit. Her words were like venom. They stung more and more with each dose she gave.

"Look Janie I don't think I gave you permission to judge my life so back off, seriously. And maybe I do care about them more because they actually care about me." And with that I hung up. I was sitting outside the United Center trying not to cry. What has become of my life?

Was Janie right? Did I really care more about a boy than I did my bestfriend? Ugh I needed to think. I walked into the cool rink and opened up my book. A puck was shot into the glass by a laughing Patrick Kane. He stopped laughing once he noticed something was off. I guess I was as easy to read as a Dr. Seuss book.

The practice went on as it always did. Them running new plays, passing, shooting, all the usual. Jon came out of the lockerroom sweaty and smiling. I put on a fake smile as I approached him.

"Hello gorgeous, how'd you like practice?" He genuinely asked.

"You did fabulous." I told him even though I didn't watch.

"Ah ha! Lies! I saw you nose deep in your book! Pat was right there's something up with you." He smiled again.

How could such a perfect human like him be with me? Is that why I cared so much? Something's wrong here...

"Liz? You okay?" He asked worried.

"Yeah, yeah I'm actually really well." I tell him smiling up at him. We walked to his car to see two people standing by it.

"Mom! Dad!" Jon yelled and ran over to them and brought them in a hug. This brought a smile to my face.

"Awe Jonny how's my baby!" Jonathan's mom, Andrée said to him. Too cute. His face turned red.

"Mom...." His mom backed off a bit. "Mom this is Liz, Liz this is my mom Andrée and my dad Bryan."

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you. You have a very wonderful son." I tell them with a smile. Jon looks down at me and nods like he approves of what I said.

"Well darling it's lovely to meet you as well. Our little Jonny has told us so much about you and he was right you really are beautiful and -"

"Momm" the boy groaned. "So do you guys want to come back to my place for dinner later? Say 7?"

"That would be fabulous. Your father and I want to do some exploring, it's been a while since we've been here." Andrée said to the two of us. We hugged again and then parted ways.

When we got in Jons car I whipped my head around to see his dark brown eyes staring into mine. "So what's really going on Liz," he asked "did they freak you out? Oh I'm so sorry really I didn't think they were coming today!"

"Jon, it wasn't your parents. Janie and I...we uh kinda got into an argument." I tell him.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"She just said a bunch of stuff thats actually true turns out! God I am seriously fucked up, Jon. Why are you even with me?" I asked him.

"Hey Liz in case you haven't noticed I have been infatuated with you the second we met. And you are not fucked up. You're bent but it doesn't take much to put you back together because deep down your perfect. Ignore her Liz because the second I laid eyes on you I knew you were gonna change my wolf and you have. So don't listen to Janie 'cause she's jealous of who you are and what you have accomplished."

Wow. He was truly a masterpiece in his own right. I looked at him and pulled him towards me to bring him in for a kiss. "You feel better now that you have just attacked my lips?" He asked me, flashing that award winning smile.

"Yeah I think I know where I belong now."

*****************
A/N
Helloooooo everybody! So I've been working on this for a while but then I got really sick and my grandfather passed away so I kinda forgot about it. The funeral and wake are coming up so updates might be scarce. Sorry!