*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3 ⚡

Start from the beginning

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

As you finally reached the dining hall, you sat Luca down on the nearest chair. He sighed and leaned back, covering his eyes with an arm.

You skipped into the kitchen and filled a glass with water, which you then placed on the table in front of the man. You sat on the chair opposite to Luca's and waited for him to drink.

"This is no good..." he mumbled. He sat up and drank the water you gave him. After a few seconds he set the glass down and rested his chin on his hand.

"I should be t-the one helping the damsel in distress... Yet right now, I-I'm the damsel..." he chuckled and looked at you.

"You're more worried about your pride than your health?" you crossed your arms and knit your eyebrows.

"Pride is joy"

"Pride is also a sin" you debated. Luca simply grinned and looked to the side.

"Why d-did you worry about me?" the prisoner wondered. That's right, why did you? You only knew him for less than two days... You couldn't quite answer that question yourself. You fell silent for a few seconds, but then replied.

"What would you do if you saw an injured animal wobbling on the street?". Luca's eyes widened.

"Are you comparing me to an animal??" he burst out laughing. You got up and slammed your hands on the table.

"No! That's not what I meant at all!!" you excused yourself. Luca continued cackling and you sat back down, thinking you probably got too loud. You crossed your arms and frowned.

"Well-- What animal do you think I am?" he continued giggling and covered his mouth with his gloved hand. Well he was certainly feeling a lot better now.

You ignored him and looked away. Luca tilted his head and chuckled one last time before speaking again.

"Oh, I'm deeply sorry, my liege. It wasn't my intention to anger you! I was merely joking" he said in a rather sarcastic tone. You quickly turned your head back at him upon hearing the ,, nickname ,,.

",, My liege ,,? Where did that come from?" you grinned, but your cheeks slightly tinted pink.

"Would you rather be called my ,, knight in shining armor ,, instead? Since you "rescued" me and all" he playfully smiled back.

"Yes, actually! That certainly sounds more appropriate" you leaned back in your chair and crossed your legs.

"In that case, I truly hope you'll continue to help me whenever I need, my savior"

"Why, of course! That's my duty after all" you lastly replied with a smug expression.

.

.

.

You both stared into eachother's eyes before filling the room with laughter. It reminded you about how you played around with (F/N)... Oh, how you missed those days.

You regained your composure and calmed down, reminding Luca that it was late and there were people sleeping. You both stayed silent for a while.

You thought about Frederick's warning... Luca really didn't seem all that dangerous. Quite the contrary, actually. 

Of course you didn't forget he was a murderer. Perhaps you should be more cautious around him.