Chapter 61 - The secret inside me

Beginne am Anfang

"Are you angry with me?" i ask, she tooks a while but then she answers me.
"No, i'm not. I mean, maybe i should be a little bit but, i deserved it after all, didn't i?
I think there's nothing left to say, except, i'm sorry.
I didn't mean to hurt you or make you fall,
fall for a lie, probably the biggest that i had ever told.
Maybe, i never got to know, real love.
And i was just scared.
Maybe, that was not me, but just a person trying to hide somebody else, the real me.
And doing so the moment i never ever wanted to face, came my way.
Seeing you happy, with another person, with her, with Hailee.
It was not me.
When i saw you, when i saw your beautiful eyes light up, my whole world was in confutation.
I loved seeing you happy, but i hated the fact that i was not the reason why"
"Hey babe i'm just yours okay?"
"I know but- listen, i've never begged for anyone to stay, i've never prayed so badly but i remember the universe that if it could hear me somehow all i want is a chance to make it work, i please every fucking day that whatever it is we can work this out.
Just when i was on the verge of losing you i realized i've never wanted anything more.
And when i found out that you had lost your memory everything collapsed on me, i would have preferred you to remember even the worst moments with me, everything rather than being a stranger in your eyes.
But all this has also helped me to understand that my love for you is real and our memories, kept in my heart, have given me the strength to carry on, to fight for both of us" she says all that to me crying and i end up doing it the same.
"Come here" i say and she throws herself into my arms and everything seems to fall into place in that hug.
"Hey look at me" i put my finger under her chin so she can look at me
"It's all over, we can leave it all behind and have a new start together okay? No more secrets, no more lies, we'll be honest with each other" i say and she nods
"I remember when i found out about your accident, i was lying in the school bathroom, i couldn't move, i couldn't think, everything seemed to fall apart, i thought "I'm going to die" and i swear to god if - if that happened to you i would too.
I couldn't breathe, my heart was heavy, i couldn't do anything but think of the most horrible scenarios of you, l-lying on the asphalt, fighting between l-life and death and i couldn't help but think it was only my fault, that it would be my fault if i l-lost you" she confesses sobbing
"Why are you telling me that?" i ask her
"B-because i can't live without you y/n, seriously, you can't never die okay? I-i'm serious like ever, y-you can't go anywhere without me" she bursts into tears
"I won't babe, i promise" i hug her tightly and feel her trembling in my arms
"It's okay, we're together now and that's what matters" i console her and she slowly calms down.
Maybe i didn't fully realize how deeply this experience shook her, but at the same time i believe that everything happens for a reason.
If i'd never had that accident maybe we wouldn't be here together right now.
"I love you little bear" i whisper leaving a kiss in her hair, she raises her head and her emerald eyes meet mine.
"Me too, i love you so much and i won't stop telling you from now on" she says and i smile, i approach her lips and blow a sweet kiss.
She stares at me, with that tender gaze, like a lost puppy.
"What?" i ask
"Nothing i just- i think the first time you caught my eye" she says smiling
"Oh you mean the first time in classroom? God it was so embarrassing, when you met my eyes i thought "God i want to bury myself right now" i say remembering the first day we met
"Well i thought you were so cute" she says
"No but really, there was something inside me as i looked at you, burning inside, something that made me want to be close to you. I don't think it was love at first sight, but a quiet curiosity was planted in my chest and i had to imagine that it was only a matter of time before you matured this deep seated familiarity into a love inside of me, so strong that i would question if i had ever been in love before" her fingers brush my cheek, gently caressing my skin and her eyes never leave mine for even a moment.
I grip her hips and push her towards me.
"What a mess isn't it?" i whisper resting my forehead on hers
"The most beautiful mess of my life" she murmurs
"I'm so grateful babe, i mean i'll be always grateful, every day because i have you.
Many things could have kept us from meeting each other, from being together but i'm so grateful that somehow we ended up together, that somehow, in this infinite universe we found each other. I'm so grateful for you showing me patience and meeting my insecurities with kindness, for offering me a safe place to rest, to keeping me warm, for loving me and teaching me how to love me too. I'm so grateful for you Elizabeth Chase Olsen" every single word i say i do it with my heart in my hand, a heart that now belongs to her.

"I adore you Y/n Y/L/n, more than anyone else, so much that you made me want to stop hiding from the world. I can't wait for you to graduate so i can scream my love for you, everyone will hear it" she confesses
"Me too babe"

I know that ours is not an easy relationship, there are many things that could divide us but we will find a way, we will catch that plane full of chances.
We will be happy.

"However i'm still angry that everyone knew about your plan, i feel so stupid" she says
"Sorry babe, but if someone would have found out it wouldn't have helped, that's why i told everyone including your family" i explain cuddling her in my arms
"Well with Ash i don't think it was a very good idea" she points out making me laugh
"Yeah, luckily i was already planning to tell you today"
"Thanks for the necklace anyway, but it must have cost you a lot, you said-"
"Hey it doesn't matter, really. It was a promise right? Well i kept it" i say kissing her
"Shall we go back to your family?" i propose
"Uhm yes but first i want to show you something" i look at her confused and she smiles at me
"There's another gift" she specifies
"What? Lizzie come on, you know i don't want you to spend all this money for me, i-"
"Now shut up and follow me okay? I'm sure you'll like it" she shuts me up putting a finger in front of my lips so i nod.
She takes my hand and drags me to the door of what i think is a garage.
"It was hard not tell you anything, especially when we went to visit Charles and Mary" i look at her even more confused, she gets behind me and covers my eyes with her hands
"Close your eyes" she orders me and so i do taking a few steps forward
"Okay now you can open them"
so i widen my eyes and i'm just amazed.

....................................................................................

A/N:

Hiiiii guys how are you?

Have you seen the trailer for Love and Death?
My god Lizzie is amazing can't wait for April

Anyway, we're finally back to a y/n pov! Many of you understood fake amnesia right away, but others didn't, so what do you think?

Oh and what other present did Lizzie give her?

P.s now we just need a little spicy right?🌶

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍