Prologue Act 1 Part 2: The Traveler and the Emergency Food

Start from the beginning

Then there was Kaeya. A guy like him did perplex you a little. He was always so confident and sure of himself that it astounded you how he was able to maintain it all the time. It may have been a result of his Vision, which you had learned were objects that allowed people to wield one of the seven elements, as it was Cryo or Ice in this case, meaning he had a personality that was metaphorically and quite literally cool as ice. You had to keep yourself from rolling your eyes at that sheer coincidence multiple times. Still, aside from that, he seemed like a nice guy to you and he did really teach you how to fight, so you had to be thankful to him for that.

Suffice to say, things have been going well for you since you came to the world of Teyvat. However, things would only grow even more interesting on this particular day. You were at a beach near a place most called Starsnatch Cliff that overlooked a massive ocean as you came bearing a large fishing rod and some bait to catch some fish. Today was a day off for you, so you decided to do a little fishing. Taking a seat on the sand beneath, you put some bait onto the hook and after pulling back a few inches, you cast the line out into the water as it plopped down onto its surface. Turning the reel until the line was straight, you settled and waited for a bite.

However, only a few seconds could pass before a tug rumbled through the fishing pole, giving you the cue to begin reeling in. You noticed that whatever you caught didn't seem to be putting up much of a fight. In fact, you were sure that you didn't feel it moving much at all.

(Y/N): Huh, I guess I've got one that's more laid back.

You said to yourself while still reeling in your catch. Once the target had been reeled in a good distance, you prepared for the pull. With one mighty tug, you yanked whatever you caught out of the water with a splash, but you may have pulled just a little too hard as you fell onto your back as the fish sailed over your head. Due to the sun blazing into your eyes, you couldn't make out what it was as it appeared as nothing more than an amorphous blob.

You sat up before dusting yourself off and standing. You grabbed your fishing pole and tried to reel in your fish closer only to discover that it had gotten off the hook which made you let out an annoyed grunt.

(Y/N): Well, at least I got it out of the water. I'd better look for it before it's snatched off by a critter or something else.

You turned around to where the fish had likely gone as it took you through some bushes. You emerged through them and looked around, but still couldn't see it anywhere, that is until you found something odd. There seemed to be a little girl lying face down on the grassy ground. She had thick white shoulder length hair and she wore a long-sleeved white jumper and a night-blue cape flecked with stars, and white stockings with white boots. Rose-gold embroidery and shapes were attached to her jumper, boots, and sleeves. A rose-gold tiara also levitated above her head as though it were a halo. You couldn't make out what her eye color was due to them being closed.

You had to admit, this took the cake as far as anything weird going on today as you stared at this girl with a raised eyebrow

(Y/N): What the...?