"And, I'm here to interview a few of them for my own project", Lumine pumped up her arm.

"But, if they are as busy as Thoma said, will they give enough time for you?", Ajax added thoughtfully.

"That'll be up to my journalist skills", she said, patting her chest, "come on, let's go see how many of them are here."

Following her lead, they found around 50 tents in the square. Each tent held a couple of students and boards to showcase what they were researching. Both local and visiting students were looking around their projects and exchanging knowledge. It's an effective way to improve both students. When visiting students found other students who got interested in their project, they were allowed for further joint-researching. Once you manage to catch the headmaster of the science department's attention, there's a chance to get a 100% free scholarship. Of course, if visiting students prefer to work alone, they would rather spend time in the laboratory or lecture rooms that they desire.

"Over 50? That's a lot more than last year", Thoma commented as they walked through the tents.

"They are eager to share their knowledge this year. Well, given that science is becoming more and more important in our daily life, it's to be expected", Ayaka nodded in agreement.

"Do you find anyone you want to interview?", Ajax questioned with his eyes focusing on the short girl in front of him. Even though they had been walking around for a while, she still couldn't find a project that caught her attention just yet.

"Hmmm- I can't decide yet. Give me a-"

"Look out!", a person yelled as he followed his malfunctioned robot. Lumine managed to dodge out of the way before the duo passed her in a rush. But, she miscalculated the steps and stumbled over a bump. Within a blink, she was falling backward.

Ajax moved to grab her before she touched the ground. But, someone managed to catch her first. The person's white laboratory coat fluttered behind him. A hand held her back and another hand around her knees. A gentleness could be sensed from his firm yet careful hand gesture.

Ajax would call it a perfect princess carry if the person who caught her was himself. But, it wasn't him so he refused to acknowledge it. As far as he was concerned, it was just a lucky catch from a stranger ... That was until he heard a familiar name from her mouth.

"Albedo-senpai?!"

His calm teal eyes met her amber eyes with a hint of delight, "Lumine, I knew it was you."

He replied with a monotone but Ajax could hear a strange gentleness in his tone and he certainly didn't find this to be amusing. Unlike her two childhood friends whose surprised faces turned into teasing smiles.

When he glanced back at Lumine, he was even more annoyed that she was blushing while staring at him with wide eyes. Judging from the other guy's stance, he was no rush in letting her down anytime soon so he had to take it upon himself to diffuse this situation.

"Hey, pipsqueak. Don't we have YOUR assignment to do?", his tone laced with irritation.

She did get down on her able legs but not without sending a glare in his direction, which he ignored, of course.

"Assignment? For what?", Albedo asked her as he made sure she stood firmly on the ground.

With a smile, she answered excitedly, "oh yeah, I'm trying to get an interview with some of the visiting students here. Well, even though I said 'some', I might end up focusing on one or two projects they are working on."

"So, rather than the students, you want to focus on the projects?", he questioned with interest.

"Yep, she's insisting on interviewing and writing a report on how a project is going to progress during a week. Also, it's a wonderful surprise to see you here again, Albedo!", Thoma walked up to him with a friendly smile.