𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺. 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚎

Start from the beginning

"(Name)?" He asks with a hint of hesitancy, tone wary.

Her gaze lifted away from her task.

"I don't want you near him."

Ao'nung's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What?"

He looks to his father but her words illicit no response, his expression soft yet firm – indifferent all together. It was mildly confusing, his face not giving much away, but this had clearly been discussed beforehand. Now knowing his father's stance breaching this topic, he looked back to his mother. Ronal set the weapon to the side.

"I cannot let you get entangled with him. Not in that kind of way." She sternly spoke.

"Why?" Came Ao'nung's response, eyes narrowing in confusion.

Life had been more enjoyable the moment (Name) had set foot on their shores, every day a little brighter than the last. And now the two of them had finally seen eye to eye, their feelings set on the same page and open for the other to slowly understand with every shared passing moment. How could he now ever consider the possibility of letting go?

"Can you not see why? I thought it was clear enough." Ronal scoffed, but her tone did not carry any hint of a joke.

Ao'nung lifted his head, firm in his decision.

"I will not."

"What?" The Tsahik sternly spoke, a cutting edge to her tone that could even chill the finest of warriors, eyes narrowing as sharply as the weapon she had set to the side.

"I cannot do this, I cannot do as you've asked. I'm sorry."

His mother hissed out an agitated breath at his defiance.

"Ao'nung." His father finally spoke. "You will do as your mother says."

But Ao'nung stood firm.

"I have already chosen, this is the person I have promised myself to, and when the time comes nothing will stop me. Please, allow me this."

Ronal's eyes widened in surprise, finding herself stunned at her son's sincerity. It was almost as if a different person stood before her. Ao'nung had always been the type to rebel and behave recklessly, never serious about most anything. But he always knew when to stand down in the face of his parents powerful authority.

"Ao'nung!" She barked.

"You are very serious about them?" Tonowari questioned.

Ao'nung nodded.

"I have never been more so in my life."

"He is more than what you think him to be, and I love him for all that you can't see. If I ever have any regrets, then that will be my loss alone." He took a breath before continuing. "But when I think of the future, I envision us."

"I know I will live regretfully if I don't try and I can't accept throwing away what we have together without at least attempting." Ao'nung finished.

"Tonowari." Ao'nung's mother sharply spoke, looking to his father.

He gave her a reassuring look, firm and soft.

"Remember when we were young? I would've stopped at nothing." He squeezed her shoulder, endearingly lifting her hand and rubbing a thumb across her fingers.