"What do you think I should do? Get help because some insane tribe wants to kill my soul mate?"

"You are the human being, don't you always have such good ideas?"

"I would fly back and get Free out of there but you said it was dangerous..."

"Alone, yes"

Luis sat up. "What are you trying to imply with that?"

"Nothing"

Shirosagi looked at his dragon. "You want to see Fafnir again, am I right?"

No response from his spirit animal.

"So yes?"

"Yes..."

"Then you and I go back...I mean you would have come either way"

"Actually, I don't mean me"

"Then who?"

"Where's Mama?" Fen had arrived back in the tent and found only his papa there. "She went to the village, should be back soon" "Papa?" "Yes?" "Do you love big brother Free?" Agni looked at his youngest son. "Mama...How do you know about Free?" "Mama told me about big brother Free" "Mom told you about him?" "Fen was listening because mom was crying...Mama misses big brother Free and loves him...Fen wants know if papa loves big brother too" Agni didn't quite know how to deal with this question. "Fen, it's better if you don't talk about your brother. It's a difficult subject for mama and papa." "Other kids know their brothers too...Why not Fen? Fen was bad?" "No, you didn't do anything wrong" "Then why big brother not there? Why can't Fen see him?" "You'll understand one day, Fen." Agni placed a hand on his youngest son's head. "Papa has to go now" He left the tent and left Fen alone.

"With all due respect, you are not allowed in." Abelia stood in front of the hut in which her older son's spirit animal was. "The dragon is in critical condition, isn't it? If it bleeds to death in there, its human will die too, and maybe before execution! I just want to make sure neither of them dies too soon, so let me in" Reluctantly allowed they enter the hut where Fafnir was held captive. Sensing that someone was present, the dragon prepared to defend against whoever. "It's all good, Fafnir. I don't want to hurt you." Fafnir saw his human's mother and felt that she really posed no danger. He put his head back down and Abelia stepped closer. "Seska, can you ask him why Free and he came back? I'll take care of his injuries in the meantime." The snake approached the dragon and the spirit animals established a connection to each other.

"How did it happen that you and your human came back? You knew about the consequences."

"You...can talk to me?"

"Of course, any spirit animal can communicate with another as long as the human and spirit animal are not connected"

"I understand..."

Fafnir explained the situation to Seska and why he and Free were back. Then Seska reported it to her human.

"Free found his soulmate? That's so wonderful...But it wasn't really your intention to come here"

Fafnir snorted slightly.

"And you said that Agni didn't care that his son finally found someone to love and he still wants to kill Free?"