10: Her Feelings

Comincia dall'inizio

"We can always talk about it, if you want?" your brother offers.

"Okay. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

You and Kaveh exchange goodbyes before hanging up. Quickly, you got up from your bed and left your dorm.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

A gentle knock sounded on Kaveh's dorm door, pulling his attention away from his phone. He opened the door, revealing his younger sister with melancholy (E/C) eyes. Wordlessly, he moved to the side, letting you enter, then led you to his room. The two of you sit together on his bed.

"What's going on?" he asks, concern etched on his features.

"Why are feelings so confusing, Kaveh?" you sighed. He notes your troubled expression, as his mind makes assumptions as to why you're acting like this. 

"Well," he starts. "They can be confusing because you care so deeply about something." A huff escapes your lips as you meet your brother's gaze.

"I'm going to be honest with you," you say nervously. "I think my feelings for Alhaitham are changing, and it's confusing and a bit scary."

Your brother looks at you expectantly. "What do you mean by that?"

Your gaze drifts down to the floor as you take a deep breath.

"I've only ever seen him as a friend, but recently it's changed. I think it started at the Regions Fair," you recalled. "He stole your keys and hid in my dorm. We went to the fair later that night and I realized he was kind of attractive, and everything seemed to spiral from there."

"Go on," Kaveh says, interest piqued.

"I don't know what to make of it. I'm confused, to say the absolute least," you pause.

"I care about him a lot, just like I do with any of my other friends, but at the same time, I know I care about him differently. When Alhaitham came to me for essay help the other week, he seemed so deflated and it hurt to see him like that. If I had the power to, I would've taken away all his pain because he doesn't deserve it.

Kaveh quirks a brow. "Alhaitham asking for help on an essay? That sounds very unlike him."

"The prompt was about childhood." Your brother hums.

"Makes sense why he went to you, then."

"Yeah, I guess but he could've gone to you since you were a huge part of his childhood too," you mention.

"Well, how do you feel about Alhaitham?" Kaveh questioned.

"I just want him to be happy," you respond without thinking. "He deserves that and way more." A comfortable silence falls on you two as Kaveh contemplates your words.

"Does it make me selfish if I want to be the reason why he's happy? Or if I want to make him smile? And not one of those little smirks he does, I mean the genuine smiles," you add. "The ones where his whole face looks like it's glowing."

Kaveh's face melts into a gentle smile. "I don't think it's selfish, but I do think I'm not the person you should be telling this to?"

"Then who should I tell?"

Kaveh looks at you, his expression screaming 'How dense can you be?' Your eyes widened in realization.

"No!" you exclaim. "Archons, Kaveh, I'm just trying to understand my feelings, not act on them."

"Well, you never know," he responds with a knowing smirk.

As if on cue, you two could hear the door to the dorm open, only causing Kaveh's smirk to grow. Due to the thin dorm walls, you two could hear three sets of voices in the dorm.