* * *

06 February 2023, Monday: I struggled with researching about the rest of the 6th Pursuit Squadron. Thankfully, Pinoy Aviators was a lifesaver about featuring at least those members that I was after for: those who've been credited to fight along with Lt. César Basa (because, as per Del's words, "siya main character ih". Well, this was about a silly thought about a group photo where Lt. César Basa was the only one not in full flight gear; and they looked like some boy band. When majority of their group photo was really like that of a boy band!) And with that, there's the mixture of laughter and sadness on reading their accounts and what happened to them.
Hence, I've written a note at my OneNote titled "Outcome of the characters". Majority of it was sad, especially with how PAAC fighter pilots were the very first ones inducted to the USAFFE and be the first ones to be dissolved as early as the end of 1941 (which was just less than a month since the Japanese started their invasion. Yeah, sad because the bibi planes... 😭)
I've finally told them about Lt. César Basa. And his accomplishments and achievements. Not only as a pilot but as a student. I worked on trivia about detailed records about his education, and the strange stories about non-agreeable three records of his demise; and also my assumptions for creative liberties in the story regarding his family and status based on what I've found and gathered. You could read more about my detailed research about him at the chapter "Lt. César Basa (1915-1941)" and "The Creation of AH".
Also made a Spotify playlist for Artificial Horizon already; with 75 songs and a duration of 4 hours and 48 minutes. Some could be eliminated, and a few others could be added. The finalized one would certainly be after finishing the entire story as I planned to note songs inspired per chapter. And yeah, it has a cover soundtrack. And the cover soundtrack for the Dead Reckoning playlist was also changed at this time, too.

* * *

07 February 2023, Tuesday: I started searching about Lt. César Basa in Google Books and well, sadly, most books were only previews and just texts. I was desperate to gather them and compare. I was itchy to find more information, and started writing chapter key points for chapters 1 to 5 (back then, it was the chapters, but who knows how, during the writing process, I'll decide to cut them into more chapters. Yes, the key points were too long in my opinion). In the end, I only found a few more about how active Basa was as an Ateneo student, and was at first in doubt if it was truly him. I've also found a photo of the Ateneo Basketball team for the NCAA 1938, where he was mentioned to be a player, too. But I can't deduce who he was because it was quite blurry and jerseys back then were quite... sexy that I was like an idiot looking at the photo suppressing a laughter. I mean, be my guest and look.

 I mean, be my guest and look

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Source: Olivares, Rick. "The Last of the Blue and Whites: A Story of the 1937-38 Ateneo Basketball Team ." Bleachers Brew, 16 Aug. 2008, https://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2008/08/last-of-blue-whites.html.

* * *

08 February 2023, Wednesday: I continued on my desperate search for more records and continued writing the chapter key points until chapter 10 (again, it might differ but I was starting to like the flow of this one.) I've also started a new note for "Locations" since I wanted to mention existing places at that time, and not just took creative liberties but stick to reality as much as possible. As I was writing the key points, I realized that Artificial Horizon was way too different from Dead Reckoning. The major difference was the relation of the reader to the main character at the beginning; and decided to switch the target audience to New Adult; because, yeah, I couldn't guarantee that this would be ideal for the young? I mean, I don't write explicit scenes as such; but to be safe. And also, it had been years since Dead Reckoning; I assume that my readers from back then were all grown-up, too, for this new telling, right? Because, hey, we're all growing up; and we have a much older main character out of Lt. César Basa, too. You can't blame me because one of the reasons I actually wanted to be a pilot was of the uniform (You know what I mean about a man in a uniform...)
I've finally made a Canva template for chapter teasers (to be released on my Twitter a day before the next chapter was to be released), and chapter headers.
The titular chapter was already set to one of the chapter key points. I've planned to list aviation terms to serve as titles for this book's chapters.

Artificial Horizon - A César Fernando Basa x Reader storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें