Chapter 1: And Then There Were 10

Depuis le début

"Now, I'm stuck with my geekazoid cousin and his weirdo friend going camping for three months." Gwen added.

"Geek." Ben glared.

"Jerk."

"Something tells me it's gonna be a long summer." Max commented.

Later that day, they all arrived to the campsite by midnight, surrounded by woods. The kids are gathered around a table bench as Max walked out from the Rv, carrying a bowl meal for them.

"Chow time!" Max placed the bowl that filled with wiggling worms.

Like every kids react, the three of them looked at the bowl in disgust.

"Okay, I give up." Ben commented. "What is that?"

"Marinated mealworms." Max answered. "Hard to find them fresh in the States. Y'know, they're considered a delicacy in some countries."

"And totally gross in others?" Gwen watched one of the worms fell out of the bowl.

"If these doesn't sound good, I've got some smoked sheep tongue in the fridge." Max offered.

"Ugh, couldn't we just have a burger or something?"

The kids smiled at Max, hoping that he agreed to Ben's suggestion.

"Nonsense." Max disagreed. "This summer is gonna be an adventure for your taste buds. I'll grab the tongue."

Max returned to the Rv, leaving the kids alone.

"Okay, I got a half-eaten bag of corn chips and a candy bar in my bag pack." Ben whispered. "What you two got?"

"Some rice cakes and hard candy." Gwen answered.

"5 bars of white chocolate and a box of choco-chip cookies." Y/n answered.

"Think we can make them last the whole summer?"

Despite the obvious question from Ben, they all groaned in displease.

.
.
.

After awhile, the kids are doing their own busyness. Ben is playing his gameboy, Gwen with her laptop, and Y/n laying on the Rv's roof, star gazing. Then, Max came out from the Rv while carrying a bag of marshmallows.

"Who wants to roast marshmallows?" Max offered.

"Oh! Me! Me!" Y/n quickly got up and climbed down the Rv. "Ben, Gwen, aren't you guys coming?"

The cousins gave no response, much to Y/n's and Max's disappointment.

"How about we tell scary stories?" Max gave another offer.

"Scarier than having to spend a summer with your freak of a cousin?" Ben chuckled.

"I'd like to, grandpa, but I'm busy doing a web search on cures for 'extreme doofus-ness'." Gwen grinned. "Nothing yet, Ben, but let's not give up hope!"

"Oh, come on, you two. We're all in this together." Max pointed out. "You can mope around like this all summer, or we can have some fun. Now what do you say?"

"I vote for moping."

"I'm gonna take a walk." Ben put his gameboy down. "Smell ya around, Gwen."

And with that the boy walked into the forest.

"I, uh, think they're starting to grow on each other." Max commented unsurely.

Y/n sighed. "I'll go and give Ben an accompany."

He followed his best friend into the woods. Eventually, Y/n caught up to him and they walked together.

"Oh, man. This is gonna be the worst vacation ever." Ben complained. "I might as well have gone to summer school."