Chapter 1

I had a normal life. Well, not exactly. But, you know, shit happens. And a lot of it has happened to me.

I had a loving mother and father, two amazing brothers, a few close friends. It was perfect, of course, until I told them. I didn't expect it to turn out like it had. I thought that it would work out, it would go on like it had before, and I would, eventually, find my loving mate. Oh, did I forget to tell you? I was werewolf. Or, at least, I thought I was.

OK, maybe I should introduce myself before we start. Well, I'm Sage. Yeah, I know, it's a girly name. I was sixteen at the time. I was young, innocent, and naive. I was too stupid and I just wanted people to like me. I would've done anything.

It was July 18, 2012. I was cooking lunch with all the pack women there that were helping. I've never really been one to go out and play sports, or fight with the other guys my age, but I was happy with what I was doing.

I'd been super excited that day, because yesterday had been my sixteenth birthday. And when a werewolf turns sixteen, they can start looking for their mate and they'll be able to tell who they are.

I was continuing the cooking, while practically jumping in my spot. I've known I was gay since I was twelve, so I hoped more than anything it would be a guy, but if it was a girl I would still love her.

I had just set the table with the food for all the people that would be eating at the pack house today. When I set down the last plate, the soon to be alpha, Tristan Eden, walked through the door. We both gasped, our eyes locking. I smiled, but he didn't return it.

He just shook his head and said, "You aren't my mate. I'm not a fairy." I looked at him in shock, and my eyes started to water.

"Wh-what a-a-are you saying?" I said, my voice shaking tremendously.

"I'm saying that I, Tristan Eden, reject you, Sage Matthews. I'm not a faggot like you." Then he just walked away as if it was nothing. I fell to my knees and sobbed.

I ran to my house and, there in the living room was my mother and father. Maxon and Jaxon, the twins, my brothers, were also there.

"Darling, what's wrong?" My mother asked worriedly.

"Tristan rejected me." I cried. When I said that, my mom tensed up.

"You're..... gay?" She more stated then asked. I slowly nodded. My dad and brothers snarled, while my mom backed up.

"No son of my mine is going to be gay." Dad growled.

"If you aren't out of this house in ten minutes, I will have no hesitations in killing you." I was shaking and sobbing, but nodded.

I quickly ran upstairs, took out a big duffel bag and shoved most of my clothes and three pair of shoes into it. In another bag I put my journal, sketch book, laptop and charger, and my phone charger. I had my phone in my pocket. I didn't want to see any of my family, so I jumped out the window with my bag, and ran into the woods.

I've never shifted before, which is weird because when you turn thirteen, you're wolf comes out. And I've never actually talked to my wolf. Werewolves have this connection with their wolves, so they talk to each other, but I haven't heard a word from mine. Also, everyone has said that I have a different smell and feeling than all the other werewolves, so I'm a bit worried.

I ran into the woods with my bag clenched in my hand. I was devastated. My mate had just rejected me when we were made for each other and my family disowned me for being who I am. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

I didn't know for how long I had been running, but I knew I crossed the pack border awhile ago. I was now officially a rogue. I was terrified. I was all alone with no one to help me out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hope you like the new story. For once, I think I'm actually gonna be able to have timed updates, so if you like it and read it then the updates won't be too long apart. I hope you like the new book. I'm gonna be working extra hard on this one, so please give me your feedback.