Y3: Tea and Talons

Começar do início

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

Y/N and her friends began walking towards Hagrid's hut on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. It was only when she spotted three only-too-familiar backs ahead of them. Hermione, Ron and Harry were talking animatedly and Y/N was quite sure she knew what they were talking about.

"Look who it is, Y/N it's your boyfriend, " said Daphne in a sing-song voice.

"Oh please, he wishes." said Y/N, rolling her eyes.

The three girls approached Hagrid's hut and waited for the rest of the class to arrive.

"How?" said Y/N and her brother, Draco, at the same time.

"Eh?" said Hagrid.

"How do we open our books?" Y/N repeated. She took out her copy of The Book Of Monsters, which was bound shut with a length of rope. People began to take out their books as well.

"Hasn' — hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?" said Hagrid, looking confused. The class all shook their heads.

"Yeh've got ter stroke 'em" said Hagrid, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "Look —"

"Oh, how silly we've all been!" sneered Y/N. "We should have stroked them! Why didn't we guess!"

"I — I thought they were funny," Hagrid said uncertainly to Hermione. She gave him a small smile. She looked over at Y/N and scowled at her. Y/N smirked at her, looking unbothered.

"Oh, tremendously funny!" said Y/N. "Really witty, giving us books that try to rip our hands off!"

"Shut up Malfoy," said Harry quietly.

"Righ' then, so — so yeh've got yer books an' — an' — now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Yeah. So I'll go an' get 'em. Hang on..." He strode away from them into the forest and out of sight.

"God, this place is going to the dogs," said Y/N's brother loudly. "That oaf teaching classes," he said before Y/N could take the words out of his mouth.

"Father'll have a fit when we tell him —"

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry repeated. Y/N tilted her head and raised her eyebrows.

"Careful, Potter, there's a dementor behind you!" yelled Draco. Both Harry and Y/N flinched.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

Y/N had to be honest, the hippogriffs were beautiful but her brother and his friends Crabbe and Goyle seemed to disagree.

"Right — who wants ter go first?"

Most of the class moved farther back away in answer. Even Y/N, Pansy and Daphne. The hippogriffs were tossing their fierce heads and flexing their powerful wings; they didn't seem to like being tethered like this.

"No one?" said Hagrid, looking slightly disappointed.

"I'll do it," said Harry and Y/N at the same time. The two looked at eachother and instantly looked away.

"Good! Good!" roared Hagrid. "Right then — let's see how yeh two get on with Buckbeak."

Harry approached the big eagle-like horse and handled it very well. Y/N looked at her friends in concern.

"Easy, now, Y/N," said Hagrid quietly. "Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink.... Hippogriffs don't trust yeh if yeh blink too much..."

Y/N's eyes immediately began to water, but she didn't shut them because if that boy could do it so could she. Buckbeak had turned his great, sharp head and was staring at Y/N with fierce orange eyes.