Saturday

A lazy morning with never ending chirping of birds indicates that summer is here. And the fact that i am laying here face down in my bed till midday today is a day I don't go to school. Saturday! Finally!

"Folk! Are you still not up?! Want me to come and wake you up?" You can hear a woman screaming downstairs. Ms.Punya never looses it does she?

"Ughhhhhhh" i let out a long groan audible enough to let the woman know I'm already up.

"Wash up and down for lunch. Hurry!"

I slumped down my feet from the bed first,rest of the body still not want to leave the bed.

"Hurry!?" A sound equivalent to roar comes from a mother of this child making me fall off the bed.

"Holiday but still don't let sleep" i huffed and puffed and went to the bathroom. The cold shower that covers my face freshend me up and i went down to eat Ms.Punya's delicious homemade meal.

"Up just now my little cub! Ms.Kin son next door went jogging even before i woke up. Be like him will you?" She starts my day with the talk of Ms.Kim's kid.

"What kid mom! That's a two year old chihuahua with a trimmed tail!"

"Ms.Kim said that's her kid so it is!"

Sigh Can't win her can i?

"So what did you want me up for mom?" I asked. Mrs Punya usually doesn't bother waking me up on holidays so she must have a motive.

"Go run some errands for me dear son."

"What"

"Mrs.Brew is having a baby so I'll be going to her baby shower tonight but i still haven't gotten her presents yet. I won't be able to go buy since i have lots of work to take care at home. Go buy some baby clothes for me na son" my mom explains.

"How much?"

"I'll give you 500 bhat as pocket money this week"

"Your work will be done in time Ms.Punya"I grin wide at the offer made. For a poor boy who only gets 300 bhat per week an additional 200 seems quite tempting.

"I'll be off then."

"I'll get you the best baby clothes in the mall" i said but when i got to the mall i was clueless. I don't even buy my own underwear how will i buy a baby's clothes.

Sigh. I sit in the bench and took the first big scoop of the strawberry ice cream. Great for a summer day like this. Second scoop and then.... The icream is gonee??? So little for 50 bhat. I got up.

The 450 bhat left in my pocket is precious. I have to save up to buy new strings for my guitar. I sit in front of the icecream shop contemplating whether to buy or not. Buy or not?

"Hey!" I hear a voice call out. "Hey?" Second time. I wonder who that person is calling to? Why isn't the other responding. I wonder while still thinking about whether to buy or no.

"Hey Folk!"

"Huh?" The person being called is me? Who? The voice isn't what I usually hear.

I turn to look at the caller. I see a familiar handsome face. Raised my head a bit since he is taller. In the summer day his skin was shining like snow. Who is this guy? Do i know him?

"Ai Gem?" I called up to him. Of course i know him. Gem,the no 1 of our highschool. First in study,sports,and looks.

Everyone likes him.

Except me.