Qu Xiao heard her guilty and frightened tone and shook her head. “It’s a small matter. There’s no need to tell Shang Yan.”

“You can also treat this matter as our secret.”

Qu Xiao winked. Shang Liqing felt slightly touched as she pursed her lips. She used the fastest speed to help Qu Xiao find a doctor, visit the emergency department, prescribe medicine, and treat her burn wound before sending her home.

At the Shang family’s villa entrance, Qu Xiao sat in the car. She looked at the side of Shang Liqing’s face and hesitated for a long time before opening her mouth and telling her the truth.

“I admit that I didn’t have any feelings for him when I first married Shang Yan. I even thought about how to force him to divorce me every day.”

“That’s why my attitude toward the Shang family was bad. I deliberately made a fool of myself to tarnish the Shang family’s reputation and make all of you lose face with me.”

Qu Xiao’s words caused Shang Liqing’s pupils to tremble. She opened her mouth to speak, but Qu Xiao raised her hand to signal for her to wait. “But a person’s heart will change. The hotel incident you saw that night, whether you believe it or not, I did not betray Shang Yan.”

“I will love him now and in the future, which will never change.”

“I hope that we can become friends or get along harmoniously as sister and sister-in-law. If you are unwilling, I hope that we can at least sit at the same table and eat together as strangers.”

𝑓r𝘦𝘦𝘄eb𝒏𝙤vel.c𝙤𝙢

“You have already grown up. You should know not to let your emotions affect your family and make things difficult for them.”

After Qu Xiao said that, she waited for a long time but did not get Shang Liqing’s reply. She opened the car door in disappointment.

After taking two steps, she suddenly heard Shang Liqing’s soft call from behind her. Qu Xiao stopped and looked back.

Shang Liqing hesitantly said, “I’ll pick you up next week to go to the hospital to change your dressing.”

“This is our secret. If Second Brother knows, I’ll never forgive you again!”

Shang Liqing clenched her fists and threatened. Very soon, she drove off out of shyness.

“Did you succeed?”

Shang Yan heard sounds and came out of the villa to welcome Qu Xiao. He put his arm around her shoulder and asked gently.

Qu Xiao nodded and hid her arm behind her back. Her eyes flickered as she replied, “I guess so…”

Chapter 122: Research and Development of New Drugs

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

In the pharmaceutical department’s meeting room of the Qu Group.

In front of the round table, the group’s shareholders, directors, and Qu Zhen, who was in charge of pharmaceutics, were all waiting in silence. The silence broke when Qu Xiao opened the door and entered. Qu Xiao naturally sat at the main seat and spread her hands to signal everyone to express their opinions.

Half an hour ago, Qu Xiao received a call from the Qu Group’s special assistant. In a hurried and nervous tone, she said something had happened at the company!

Qu Xiao was so scared that she did not dare to delay. She rushed to the group at top speed, only to find that the situation was much calmer than she had imagined. Before taking the elevator to the meeting room, Qu Xiao was faintly worried that the shareholders and Qu Zhen would fight and tear the ceiling apart.