I shut off the water and got out. Grabbing the towel from the back of the door, I quickly got dried and placed the dress back on.

Looking into the mirror, I checked myself out and twirled slightly. I noticed a few bruises from the night's events and hickeys covering my breasts.

More images of the night came back again, this time when he had me on all fours and fucked me so hard that I was begging for him to stop. The guy was rough, but there was no passion in him. All he wanted was for me to scream and make him cum, which he did six times.

Six times of being fucked by a stranger, and all I could think about was how I could be back with my child.

With a sigh, I opened the door as quietly as possible and appeared through the gap to see where the man was. My eyes scanned the bed and found him on his stomach and snoring. He was still out of it, which was good.

I pushed the door open wider and crept through the room, bending down to pick my shoes up as I headed toward the door, but I noticed his wallet on the table. Stopping, I looked over my shoulder to make sure he was still sleeping—which he was.

I know I told him no names, but I needed to know so that I could avoid him at all costs.

Picking up his wallet, I went to the ID and found his name.

My stomach twisted as I read the name at least three times and looked at the guy. Knowing I needed to go, I put the wallet down where I found it and went to the door, pulling it quietly open to let myself out.

Once outside, I closed the door behind me and looked around the car park till my eyes landed on a familiar car.

Before the shower, I had texted Sandy to pick me up, and she messaged straight away, telling me she would be there as soon as possible.

I walked over to the car and climbed in.

Sandy started the car and drove away, but she spoke as she turned the car at the junction and headed down the road.

"Well," she said. "How was it?"

I could feel her eyes on me, but I couldn't look back at her as I felt sick, knowing she wanted to know what had happened. Part of me knew it was a friend thing, but it was also because we wanted to know if this whole experiment worked and if my mate would stop doing what he was doing.

Clearing my throat, I looked over to her and was met with her eyes staring back. Concern riddled her face. "It was okay," I whispered. "Hopefully, it worked because I don't want to do that again."

Sandy eyes softened. "That bad."

Licking my bottom lip as I looked through the windscreen. "It wasn't what I expected," I muttered. "But hopefully, the pain will stop now."

Sandy said nothing as we drove.

Silence filled the car, which was what I needed.

My mind raced over everything that had happened over the last three years of my life and my family. They may not be blood, but they are more family to me than I have ever had.

Over the last three years, we have been on the run due to mad wolf. We learned a few weeks later, after leaving the bar, that the bar was burned to the ground. My heart ached for the people still there—Malcolm, mainly, who had become a friend.

It seems the wolf is collecting rogues along the way, and the one who doesn't support his rule as leader, he kills them. He wants what was meant for him, power, and he wants to rule over all werewolves. Scary thought, but no one has defeated him.

The people who lost their lives to this madman were unheard of, especially the ones we have known longer. But over the last few months, we have learned of the name of the mad wolf, which puts the fear of god in Sandy, Peggy, and Bow. And also me too. I feel the same, but it's not for me. It's for my son, Brody. He is only two and a half, and he needs to live.