Baji grinned at him and said:

"Happy birthday!"

And there, Kazutora's heart melted at his best friend's words. That's all he needed to hear today. Just for today, just for his special day.

"Wanna go out and burn some cars down?" Baji asked him.

"Why? Are you that hungry?" Kazutora asked him.

"Heck yeah!" Baji yelled. "You better go outside this instant or else I'll smack you in the face!"

"Just wait, you moron!" Kazutora immediately went outside his house.

"There you are! Now, let's go destroy people's cars!" Baji loudly said and lead the way.

"Quiet down!" Kazutora tried to shush Baji because of his loud voice.

"What?! Why?!" Baji asked loudly.

"You don't need to shout, I'm literally right beside you" he said, embarrassed by the look they are getting from people who were just passing by.

"Hey, hey! You don't have to be embarrassed! It's literally your birthday today"

Baji continued to speak loudly whilst Kazutora was trying his best to lower his friend's voice. Suddenly, a familiar voice was heard.

"Tora?" the boys suddenly froze on their spot, slowly turning their heads onto the person who spoke.

"Siste-" Kazutora was cut off by Baji's statement.

"K-Kazuha!" he said shyly. "It's good to see you!"

Sweat can be seen on Kazutora's forehead with a deadpan expression on his face.

"Oh, hello Keisuke" she smiled at him. "Oh, I see that you're here because of my cute little brother's birthday"

"A-ah! Yes, of course!" he immediately wrapped his arm around Kazutora's neck, like he was choking him or something.

"H-hey stop that!" Kazutora was struggling to get away from Baji's headlock.

Kazuha giggled at the scene in front of her.

"Oh, are you two going out somewhere?" she asked the both of them.

"Ah, yes. Baji says he was hungry"

"Huh!" he had a blush on his face, embarrassed to look directly into Kazuha's eyes. "I didn't say about me being hungry!"

"Yeah, you did!" he said while struggling to get himself free.

"Oh, I see. Well, both of you should go by now." she said smiling at them.

"She's such an angel" Baji whispered.

"Yes?" Kazuha heard what Baji had just said.

"N-nothing!" he ran away along with Kazutora who bid farewell to his sister.

"Don't forget to return before 8 pm!" Kazuha reminded Kazutora about his curfew.

"Man, your sister is so pretty" Baji said while running away.

"Yeah, too bad she has a boyfriend already"

This made Baji stop running, turning his head in Kazutora's direction.

"Are you...for real?" he asked him.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?" he asked uninterested in the other male's shocked expression plastered on his face.

"Nooooooooo" he dramatically cried out while falling to his knees. He was now on the ground, crying and saying nonsensical stuff.

Kazutora laughed off the memory he remembered. The cracking of the fire burning the branches of a tree was comfortable.

He stared at it as he felt a faint warm presence.

It was so cozy that he was about to close his eyes to take a nap. But then . . .

"Sleepy?" a voice emerged.

"AHHH!" he screamed and was posing in a self-defense pose. "FUCK! YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!"

"My bad" Y/N smiled at him while still laying down.

"Do you need water? What are you feeling right now? Are you still sleepy? Are you hungry?" Kazutora kept throwing a bunch of questions at Y/N.

"Chill, I just need a little more rest then I'm good to go."

"You say that as if you're gonna fool me"

"Who said about fooling you?" Y/N quirked her eyebrow at him.

"You act as if you don't ever feel weak." Kazutora looked at her even though there was a weird aura surrounding her image, he still managed to maintain eye contact with her.

"If I act weak, wouldn't that mean I'm letting my guard down?" she asked him. "I would only be giving them free clues on how they would take me down."

"Aren't you tired of keeping that strong image?" he asked her.

"Me? Tired?" she scoffed. "Of course, I feel tired sometimes"

"See? It's okay to have real emotions, after all, you're only human."

She smiled at him softly.

"To be honest, I'm tired"

"Of studying?" he saw her eyes' emotion.

"Of everything" she muttered. "I just wish I could live peacefully."

"Well, you can" she glanced at Kazutora, confused about what he was saying. "I mean, it's your choice if you want to live the way you want to."

"You do have a point."

"It's your decision, Y/N" he smiled at her.

"Thanks" she said yet Kazutora only hummed. "I feel like I just opened up to you again"

He looked at her softly. There was something today, something definitely different in the atmosphere they were in.

He doesn't know how to explain what he feels but there was really something. Something sweet and comfortable, like his belly was having a party.

The moment was perfect and, everything was.

He calmly stated:

"Don't worry! As long as I'm here, I'll be your listener."

©𝐬𝐲𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐮

©𝐬𝐲𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐮