1 ‖ "He was...my husband."

Your POV 

**

You smile as you see Wanda walking to you. You wonder where Pietro is. Probably pissing someone off. You thought. 

You quickly open the door to you and your husbands house and run out of it, running to Wanda who looks broken with no light in her eyes. 

You run to her and pull her into a hug. She hugs you back tightly and you smile, happy your sister-in-law is finally back.

"Wanda, thank the gods you are alright! I was so worried about you and Pietro." You say to her. 

She doesn't respond. Instead, she breaks down sobbing into your shoulder. You frown and hug her tighter. 

"Wanda it's okay. You and Pietro are okay." You say and look at the jet Wanda arrived in. 

You want Pietro. You want your husband. You need to make sure he is okay. Wanda pulls away and shakes her head. 

"Pietro's dead." She speaks. 

"Wh-What?" You stutter. 

She can't be serious. She must be joking. 

"Pietro died saving Clint Barton and a child." Wanda looks down, trying not to cry. 

"No-NO. Wanda, he promised me he'd come back. H-He promised." You say and stagger back. 

You can feel yourself hyperventilating. He can't be dead. He promised you he would come back safe and alive. Not dead.

 Wanda shook her head and hugged you. You broke down, sobbing loudly into her chest. You both sunk to the ground. 

"Y/n, listen to me, he loved you. He tried to stay for you. He tried." She tries to soothe you. 

"If he tried, he would be here." You say and pull yourself away from her. 

You stood up and your sadness, loss, misery, quickly turned to anger. You can feel your anger radiating off you. Wanda stood up and backed away from you. 

You feel your eyes start turning golden and feel a mist of f/c collecting up into your hand as you stare at the ground. You look up to Wanda and realize just how broken she is about it as well. 

You let your eyes return to their natural e/c and your power disappear. You walk to Wanda and pull her into a hug. You hold you as you both sob. 

Wanda grieving a twin. 

And you grieving over your husband. 

**

You wake up with a loud gasp. You look around and realize you were okay. You have sweat dripping down your forehead. You wipe your hand across your forehead and look at the clock. 

3 AM. 

You breathe heavily as you swing your legs off the edge of your bed. You stand up shakingly and shiver at the coldness against your bare feet. 

You were having a dream about him again. 

It's been 2 years since you lost him.

After you lost him, you lost all contact with the others. You would send Wanda a text once in a while. Gods, you missed Wanda and the others so bad.  But you missed your now dead husband more than anything. 

You couldn't bring yourself to make the effort of becoming normal again. Your husband's death took a large toll on you along with Wanda. You both were grieving over him, but Wanda understood that your grieving was a different kind. 

You make your way to the bathroom. You walk into it and look into the mirror, seeing your reflection. 

You looked horrible. You had very dark circles under your eyes. You knew it was from stress and lack of sleep. Your hair was a mess, and your face was red and puffy. 

You sighed and turned on the cold water to your sink, cupping water in your hands and splashing it over your face. It wakes you up just a bit but not much. 

You turn it over and grab a towel and pat your face down, drying it. You put the towel away and walk out of the bathroom.

You walk to the living room and turn on your TV, walking to the kitchen. 

You grabbed a mug and filled it up with coffee/tea. You take a sip of it and lean against the counter. You have a mission today. 

You may have left the Avengers, but that did not stop you from taking up an assassin job. You loved the adventure. You fell in love with it. 

You are pulled out of your thoughts by a knock on your door. You put down your drink and grab a gun out of your cabinet and put it behind your back. You walked to the door and looked through the little peep hole and see Ladybug.

You sigh in relief that you didn't have to kill anyone today. You put your gun down and open the door, letting Ladybug in. He walks in and you close the door behind him. 

Ladybug was your partner. Well for this mission. You usually go solo but you were told that you would need a backup for this job. 

Ladybug walks around your home, looking around as he looks around. You roll your eyes and walk to the kitchen to grab your mug. You grab it and walk ack to where Ladybug was. Only to find him staring at a portrait of Pietro and you. 

Okay, maybe you haven't gotten over him, but he was your husband. He could have picked anyone, but he chose you. You were in a dark place before you met him. You guys met when you were in a cafe. He was cute and didn't hesitate to flirt with you. 

**

 You were sitting down at a table in your favorite cafe. You were reading your f/b. You were pulled out of your reading by the employees yelling your name out. 

You stand up and walk to the counter grabbing your cup and bidding the employees. You turn around and go to walk out but bump into someone. 

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry sir." You speak quickly as you see your drink split a bit on him. 

"Oh no, vit iz okay." You hear a Sokovian male say. 

You look up and meet bright blue eyes. He was definitely cute. He was your type, but you of course wouldn't admit it. 

"Vey there." He smirks. 

"Hi, erm...I'm so sorry for your shirt."  You say nervously. 

"No, vit iz okay. Vit vas a vittle spill." He assures you. 

"I can pay you for it. Dry cleaning." You go to take out money but is stopped by his hand on your wrist. 

"Vee only vay you can pay me vack is by giving me your number." He grins. 

**

"Who is this man?" Ladybug asks. 

You walk to him and stand next to him. You stare sadly at the portrait. Pietro looking forward, as if he was staring at you in the eyes. 

Pietro wears a large smile on his face. His eyes light with happiness, love, life...He wore his long-sleeved grey and blue shirt. His hair was tamed yet not at the same time. He looked so perfect to you. He is perfect to you. 

"He was...my husband." You reply. 

Ladybug looks at you and sees the sadness and unshed tears in your eyes. 

"You guys got a divorce?" 

"No, he died on a mission." You speak coldly. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry. If I had known, then I wouldn't have-" 

"No, No it's okay. I'm over it anyway." You look down.

You weren't over it. You were far from it. 

"Y/n, I shouldn't have asked. It seems like it still bothers you." Ladybug goes on. 

"Ladybug it's okay. It was 2 years ago." You say and walk away, sitting on the couch. 

"Now, tell me about this mission."