I first saw you

Who would've thought? it's been four years since I first caught a glimpse of your indescribably handsome face. And still that handsome stays and continues to take my breath away. We've always been the same height. That doesn't matter, since I can perfectly see your breathtaking features up close when you stand anywhere near me.

Let's go back to seventh grade shall we?

There was an assembly in the schools "Air-conditioned performance room" that called for all of us students to join a series of events that test our skills and knowledge about certain subjects. It was my first time actually interacting with other seventh graders. They had this one activity that was all about flags and other countries shapes. I earned a point for my team section when I got the answer right. A few minutes pass and then... there you were.

You stood up from where you sat and went to the front to receive your question. A teacher at the back teased most the girls "Stop looking at Drei, girls, you'll throw him off" I looked up to see who this "Drei" was and I saw a very handsome, shy, and adorable 7th grader. I studied his face as if it were artwork in a museum. "He's quite attractive" I thought.

That was the first time I saw you.

A few months have passed and were having another assembly now in the schools roof deck. Now this isn't any ordinary assembly like the ones we usually have where they tell us everything we've done wrong and tell us to reflect and change. This was a "First Friday Mass" assembly. Now I don't go to a catholic or any other religious school but it was normal in our country to be very close to God and have beliefs as such. Now, in a mass, there is a point where we have to bring candles or flowers to the altar. I was shocked when they asked me to serve and bring the candles up front. Us, the people who will serve, have assigned seats in the middle of the school roof deck. There I sat with my mayor at the time, Geo, and Him.

That happened over and over again. To the point that I couldn't even wait for first Fridays, and all because I couldn't wait to see "Drei" again.