one | persuasion

Depuis le début

The woman shook her head, "Yeah, you're 14. You can't go without a parent."

Madison chuckled at her friend and stood up, moving towards the fridge to look for food. "Sorry," she shrugged at Katie's confused face. "Didn't have time for breakfast."

"Maddy honey, help yourself to anything in the kitchen but be quick cause it's almost time to leave." Said Allison.

"Nobody wants to go to a music festival with their parent." Said Katie.

"No way, you guys just have milkshakes in your fridge?" Exclaimed the blonde, picking out a strawberry and banana milkshake from the nearest shelf after checking the expiry date. "Been coming here six years and it still shocks me, the amount of stuff that's in here!" Seeing her friend's 'back me up here' face on, she added, "Not the point, but come on, Mrs. Torres, can't Katie come alone with me?"

"Exactly!" Exclaimed he brunette. When Mr. Torres entered the room, she pleaded, "Dad, please help! Mom." Allison had gotten off the phone call and was managing lunch for everyone.

Mr. Torres sat down and asked vaguely, "What... What? She said no?"

"Mhm," nodded his wife, "Maddy, I'm packing you some lunch. You're okay with chicken sandwiches, right?"

"Absolutely!" Grinned the girl, sitting next to her friend. "Food is food. I take what I get."

"If your mother says no, it's no, sweetie," said Carlos.

"Really?" Allison asked. "Don't you mean if we say no?"

"Guys? Watch this." Said Nando. "I think I put the right amount of baking soda in this time!"

"No way, seriously?" Madison asked, looking at his volcano intently.

"Get ready for a waffle volcano in three, two..." The boy drummed on the table with his hands, waiting for a reaction. However, his shoulders slumped when nothing happened. He sighed, "Must've mixed the catalyst wrong."

Madison ruffled his hair as she winked, "You'll get it next time."

Allison asked the boy, "Can I sign your math homework?"

"Duh. Yeah, you can sign all my homework, except for math. Whoops." He shrugged.

"You told me you finished everything," frowned the woman, placing some sandwiches in a paper bag for Madison.

"Hey, don't worry. I get by on my charm," Nando smirked, winking at the blonde seated next to him. "I know where else my charm's gonna work."

The blonde chuckled and shoved his face back gently, reminding him, "Three years older than you, and known you since you were three years old, child."

"God, I don't get why you're so weird." Katie scoffed, turning Madison's chair around so that her backed faced the brunette. "You've got to stop pulling your hair back so much. It'll make you get a receding hairline, stupid." Katie chuckled, fluffing out the blonde locks and braiding them deftly.

"I don't understand how you can open this refrigerator ten times a day and not see this beautiful calendar." Said Allison.

"Eh, because it's gotten a little over-complicated." Admitted Carlos.

"Yeah, my eyes aren't accustomed to that exposure to colour," added Madison, "Too much scribble for my liking."

"See, Maddy gets it." Carlos high-fived the blonde.

"It hurts my eyes." Added Ellie.

The man then started off, "Growing up, things were simple. You wake up, go to school or work, and then you have to..." He was interrupted by his youngest, who announced, "I know how to twerk!"

She slid off the island and began trying to twerk, making Madison nearly choke on her milkshake.

"Does she mean twerk twerk?" Katie laughed, leaning against her friend a little

"'To work,' not 'twerk.'" Carlos corrected, "Is she twerking?"

"She totally is," Katie said.

"Not side to side, Ellie. Up and down," The brunette sat up and walked over, "Let me show you."

"Katie. No," Allison warned. "Maddy, a little help?"

The blonde looked at her best friend who began to twerk as well, and suddenly became very interested in her drink as she replied, "As the official bisexual of this household, I choose to see where this goes instead."

"Really loosen your hips," said Katie, her eyes on her mother defiantly.

"Nobody's loosening their hips. Child!" The woman warned.

"Really pop it, Ellie," said Nando, joining in.

"Nobody's popping it! We are late! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Allison handed Madison a lunch bag, and rushed over to her twerking family members. However, Nando's volcano decided to erupt on her right then.

"Yes!" He high-fived a grinning Madison, "The catalyst!" Seeing his mother's unamused face, he added, "I mean, I'm so sorry."

Chuckling, the seated blonde stood up, grabbing her bag, saying, "I'm going to hop on over to the car. You guys can come if y'all want to."

--Time Skip--

"So, what'd she say?" Asked Layla, their best friend.

"Bad news, Lay. Mom gave a thumbs-down to Fleekfest." Said Katie into the phone.

"What?" Layla gasped. "But your mom's so smart and cool and gorgeous."

"Don't forget, a total milf." Piped in Madison from the back.

"Missy, don't forget who's signing your test papers," Allison playfully warned the blonde, who winked instead.

"I know," said Katie, willing to butter up her mother heavily. "Sometimes I'm like, 'Is she my mom, or is she a runway model?'"

"If I'm so great, you won't mind me coming with you, then you can go," the woman replied, making a point.

"Yeah, no, thanks." Admitted Layla.

"Hard pass," nodded Madison.

"Never mind." Scoffed Katie.

"I don't get it. I took you three to Taylor Swift a couple of years ago. We had a blast." Said Allison.

"I was 12 then. I was a little tween." Said Katie. "Dad said I could go. He believes in me. He knows I can handle myself. Plus, I'll have Maddy and her parents let her come."

Allison sighed, "Your dad just wants to be the good guy because he knows that I will say no. And I do believe in you," she noted her daughter's end statement and said, "Plus, Maddy's parents are not your parents."

"Exactly, girl," said Maddy, "My parents couldn't care less when Leo went to a stripper bar and took me there. I don't think they give a damn about some music festival."

"Remind me to have a talk with Leo," said Allison with a frown. "It's just that concerts like Fleekfest bring out a whole world of people you have not been exposed to yet. And it's not gonna happen without a parent."

"Well, when will I be able to go to concerts alone?" Katie asked, baffled.

Never. You will always have to go to concerts with me your whole life." Replied her mother. "You will love it because you love me."

"Four more years. Four more years. Four more years." The brunette chanted under her breath like a mantra.

"On the bright side, atleast we get someone to pay for the food we get there." Madison chimed in, earning a snack on the arm from Katie.

——
FIRST CHAPTER WHEEEEE! I hope you liked it <3

20 comments for the next chapter pleaseee <3 don't forget to vote!

Have a fabulous day/night, my little saplings!!!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose