He pulled out a vial from under his mattress. A purple vial.

"Draco--" I stared at it while he stared at me. There's no way he did what I thought he did. It was... so unexpected, so unpredictable, so unlike him.

"I felt bad for taking your lavendar, so I used it to make that thing you'd been willing to get expelled for." He explained, moving the vial closer to me.

"But Calming Draught is--"

"It takes a while to make, I know. During the two weeks you ghosted me, I--"

"Draco." I didn't ghost him and he knew that. Right?

"Love."

I didnt respond, but my body did. I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks before I could fight it off.

"Thank you," He nodded at my silence. "I realized that if I started it then, I could have had it ready by the time I saw you again. I was going to give it to you on the train, but..." He trailed off, but he didn't need to finish his sentence. He never really did.

I pursed my lips together as I tried not to cry, but the tears piled up so high that the blurred my vision before they fell. "Thank you," My thin voice broke as I threw my arms around him in a sloppy hug. "Thank you, Draco."

"You owe me," He patted my back with his empty hand.

"I'm okay with that." I sniffled as I pulled away from the hug. Draco motioned for me to take the Calming Draught by waving it in front of me. I stayed still for a second. I felt like I didn't deserve it.

"You deserve it," He spoke, making my heart speed up. There's no way he read my mind just then. "Would it help if you did something to pay me back?"

I hesitated, "Like what?"

"Give me your diary."

I took the vial, "Hell no." I shoved it in my pocket and stood up. "I'd rather die."

"That can be arranged." He stood up behind me. It felt different than any other time he had stood behind me. I felt an urge to lean back into him, and so I did.

"Kill me, then."

He rested his right arm loosely around my neck and gripped my left shoulder. If he pulled up, he could strangle me to death, yet his arm being there felt like he was protecting me. And I felt protected.

"I'd rather use you."

My breath hitched. There was so meaning behind that. It was too random for it not to have meant something. I closed my eyes to try and force the thoughts out of my head. His moment was too wholesome to be ruined by my own hormones.

"Don't be shy, say what's on your mind." He coaxed, his voice as soft and tempting as ever.

"I... I don't know what's on my mind," I admitted. My thoughts jumbled together in his presence, so this wasn't unsual, it was just provoked.

He spun me around with ease so that I was facing him. The look on his face told me he was planning something. He was almost smiling.

Almost.

"I'll admit that's my fault."

He said what, now? Does that mean he knows when he scrambles my thoughts? Does he know how he scrambles my thoughts? Does he do it on purpose?

"Relax, love." He gently grabbed my jaw and caressed my chin with his thumb. "I only know everything you're thinking right now."

I smiled, then paused. "What?"

"The Calming Draught wasn't the only potion I spent my time perfecting." His eyes flickered across my face as he tried reading me.

I backed away from his touch. My heart skipped a beat, then made up for it by trying to get twenty more in one second. I felt betrayed, but also scared. My mind suddenly conjured up all the worst possible thoughts I could have had since I'd been awake. Scratch that-- did he know what my nightmare was?

"When you started sweating and jerking in your sleep, I figured it'd be a good time to test it out," He answered for me. Another question appeared in my mind.

"Yes," He replied. "It worked." He sat the Calming Draught down on his end table.

Bloody hell. This can't get any worse.

"Do you remember your thought process after I said 'I'd rather use you'?"

He said that to prove me wrong, and it worked. I felt my breathing quicken in fear. In fact, I didn't remember what I was thinking at all. I remembered wanting to avoid sexual thoughts-- oh, shit. That was my thought process.

He stepped closer to me, his eyes peering into mine. It looked like he was reading my mind, but knowing that he actually was made it so much more intimidating. I fucking hate how hot I find it.

Oh, no. He probably heard that. I dont know what thoughts he gets and what thoughts he doesn't, but either way, I'm screwed. The way he was looking at me sent shivers down my spine. He looked hungry-- no, lustful.

He stepped close and I fell onto his bed. I got a feeling that's exactly where he wanted me when he put his hands on either side of me and entrapped me there.

Now he knows exactly what I want.