Chapter 7: Factory

Start from the beginning

You have to admit it, your boss is rather good-looking. His mask might cover half of his face, but some of his clones don't wear one, so you can easily make out how he should look like.

You sometimes caught yourself staring for too long at him, but well, who could blame you?

After an hour or so, the carriage finally stops and the butler affirms you have reached destination. You step out of the vehicle and look at the surroundings.

The factory seems to have been built inside a small mountain, maybe to gain in discretion. Ruins are not too far and the place is guarded by some Fatui agents.

"Greetings My Lord, Mrs. I am Aleksandr, the one charged to present you the factory you have requested."

You nod in acknowledgement while Dottore remains silent. Aleksandr turns around and starts walking toward the entrance.

"If you may follow me."

Contrary to what you thought, the factory is completely empty. No ruin guards, no pieces, nothing. Only machines ready to welcome those Kaenri'ahn creations. The visit only took one hour and a half, not as long as you have thought.

"If you have any question, I would be more than glad to answer them."

Dottore eyes the machines for a moment while you start entering your own little world, bored by the visit.

"I suppose it is just time to fetch those ruin guards."

"Do you wish me to send some groups of agents in order to bring them here? The travel from the motherland to Liyue must have been quite exhausting."

Dottore snaps his head toward the young looking man, his mouth forming a straight line.

"What do you take me for? Do you dare call me weak?! I don't need any pity folks like you to fetch those machines!" The doctor's angry tone wakes you up from your trance and he looks at you.

"(Y/N). We're going to those ruin nearby. Now."

You blinked at him for a few seconds and let out a "alright" before following him toward the exit.

~~~~

"This place is full of ruin guards. Some are active while some aren't. It is best to avoid the ones who are walking around, they might not appreciate our presence."
Dottore says while crossing his arms. The small waft swings slightly his blue hair strands and he looks at you.

"You will look this side for the moment. I'll be on the opposite side. Got it?"

You simply nod and watch him heading toward the east part of the ruins. He seems to be rather chill at the moment, which is a good sign: he won't start getting all angry if you come back empty handed.

You walk toward the west, light minded. You take a quick look at the surroundings before deciding it should be best to inspect the insides of the ruins.

Who knows, maybe you will find some treasures!

You enter one of the buildings, a bit like some child who plays a game of hide and seek. Once inside, you smile while looking around, excited about whatever you can find.