-2-

My eyes shot open lightning crackling around the cabin.Gregor awoke soon after and I turned to face him his hair was scruffy and his eyes half-open the small blanket was pulled from me and almost compleatly on him . Goosebumps plauged my arms and legs ,my body not being well adjusted to the cold storm.I sat up rubbing my tierd eyes and putting my glasses on "goodmorning Anatoly , you look adorable when your sleepy" gregor cooed snuggling up to me and burying his face in my neck "goodmorning Gregor!" His positivity gave  me a boost of energy.

Gregor got up to get dressed I looked up to see him there only in his underwear running his hand through his messy hair and pulling his hand down the side of his muscular torso landing at the band of his boxers my mind wondered and a tent appeared under my blanket 'why now, why here'  . I immediately got up and rushed to the bathroom to fix my 'issue' while his back was tuned riuting around for his clothes.

I then quickly got dressed and rushed out to the living room to catch up with Gregor and Karin...Mariah still hadn't returned we all knew she wouldn't return the room remained silent just like last night until  Karin broke that deafening silence by pulling out a bag containing a strange meat "um Karin?" Gregor asked "where did you get that?"he proceeds shakily ,his hands trembling . It wasn't what or who he thought it was right?

We all knew where that meat came from but we were starving the 1 Berry we each had last night did nothing to satisfy our deep hunger we wanted this ,we needed this. Kerin chopped up the meat placed it in a pan and then on the stove the smell of the cooking meat filled the room and intoxicated us .I'm not sure what came over me I turned into some twisted animal devouring my segment of meat right from the pan burning my fingers , I didn't care all I wanted was to fill this bottomless pit in my stomach I wanted to stop that hunger fueled ache.I wasn't the only one, the others followed suit tearing apart thier segments like a pack of rabid dogs.But straight after we had eaten we all remembered who we had just eaten gregor went pale and ran to the bathroom to throw up , I looked at karin her mood hadn't faltered there wasn't a glint of remorse in her eyes she just licked her lips and returned to the living room ,how can she do that and not at very least feel ashamed? There's something not human about her and if she would do this to poor innocent Moriah who's next after we run out again? Let's just hope we get out of here before we come to that.