He let out a chuckle without humor. I knew he was having a hard time with me. Bigla akong na-guilty dahil alam kong sa pagkakataong ito, gusto niya lang akong tulungan. Every inch of my being demanded that I let my pride down and just get in his darn car. 

Pero tulad nga ng sabi ko, bakit ako susunod sa kanya pagkatapos ng pamamahiya niya sa akin? Kung nag-sorry siya, mapapatawad ko naman siya. But he didn't. He even said that he did it intentionally!

"Shit," he hissed when it suddenly rained.

Hindi iyon ambon lang. It was pouring so hard, I had to run to the lobby frantically. Habang tumatakbo paakyat ng steps ay nadulas ako. Babagsak na sana ako sa sahig nang may humawak ng aking braso. My eyebrows furrowed in displeasement when I realized it was Zadkiel. 

Mariin ang hawak niya sa braso ko na tila ba ayaw niya na akong pakawalan. "You will get in the fucking car, Celia," he announced before pulling me toward the Mclaren nearby.

"You can talk without the cussing," I mumbled to myself as I let him drag me to his car.

His grip on my arm sent electricity down my spine. Kinagat ko na lang ang labi ko upang ikubli ang kiliting nararamdaman sa aking tiyan. He dragged me with force and precision. He made sure I was following him but also that his grip didn't hurt me.

"Get in and put on your seatbelts," utos niya ulit pagkatapos akong pagbuksan ng pinto.

The valet and hotel guards were on standby. Hinugot ko ang natitirang tapang upang tignan ng mariin si Zadkiel. I wanted to rebel against his orders. I wanted him to know for the nth time that he didn't own me.

"Pumasok ka na," ulit niya, tila ba nauubusan na ng pasensya.

Nagsukatan kami ng tingin. It suddenly occurred to me how useless this was. Nakakapagod na dahil paikot-ikot lang din naman 'yong pinag-uusapan namin.

Bahala na nga.

"Okay, daddy," I sarcastically said and went inside his car.

The valet's eyebrows furrowed when he heard what I said. Zadkiel chuckled through gritted teeth. Akmang isasara ko na ang pinto nang pigilan niya iyon. He crouched, his one hand on the door handle and the other on the roof of the car. He then pressed his lips on my ears to whisper something. 

Para akong nagliyab sa kaonting pagdampi lang na 'yon. My courage dissipated, and all that was left were my racing heartbeat and the liquid gushing down between my legs.

"You are going to regret calling me that," Zadkiel said before finally closing the car door. 

Umikot siya at pumasok sa driver's seat upang magmaneho. Silence stretched for at least two minutes before he turned the stereo on. Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift was playing. 

"Can you turn it off?" I asked.

"You can change the station if you don't like the music."

"It's not that. I just want it off. Iidlip muna ako."

"You're being demanding, Celia. In case you didn't know, no one tells me what to do."

"Please?" I asked. Ewan ko pero bigla akong nanghina pagkatapos kong maupo sa sasakyan niya. This day was tiring.

His jaw clenched. Pinagmasdan ko siya ng ilang segundo. I sighed and looked at the view outside when I realized he would never do it. Hindi naman gaanong malakas 'yong tunog kaya okay na rin. 

I was busy admiring the vendors on the sidewalk when Zadkiel groaned beside me and turned the stereo off. Nilingon ko siya at nakitang umiigting pa rin ang kanyang panga. It was like it took everything in him to follow my harmless command.