Chapter 10

The Captain drove Peso back to the octopad in a jiffy so Peso could give his cousin some stitches.

Once they headed in the Captain helped bring the penguin into the med room and layed him on the medical bed.

"Thank you Captain. This won't take long to put stitches on him and I'll be back to the island soon." Peso said.

"Alright, Peso. Good luck and take your time." Barnacle's replied before heading back to the island and to the others.

Meanwhile back on the island...

Kwazii was pissed with the captain a bit. He wanted to go with Peso.

Kwazii's POV:

This is so unfair! I should be there with Peso protecting him and taking him back. But yet again I don't think I wouldn't be able to carry his cousin. I said to me self. Everytime I'm away from Peso. I can't help myself. This is a new thing for me when I started having urges to not let him go. I'm...not trying to be so abusive with not giving him freedom... I just wish I had the urge to tell him how he actually makes me feel.

Normal POV:

The captain returned to the team. As they all started sharing the information they know so far of trying to talk to the sea lions.

"Well talking to them was a fail." Barnacle's stated. "Though they thought we brought Peso for them for lunch. Which we had to run away."

"At least you 3 are alright." Tweak stated.

"Thier must be another way to stop them from eating Peso's family." Kwazii said.

"They are gentle creatures but if they ether feel threatened or if an intruder cross thier territory they get aggressive." Shellington explained.

"We could try a sea lion costume and try to convince them." Tweal suggested.

"Uuum. I don't think so Tweak." Barnacle's said.

-Flashback to the octonauts and the walrus chief-

"Oof!"

"Kwazii! Get back into position!"

"I'm trying!"

"Run!!!"

-End flashback-

"Oh right."

"But you'll think of something, Captain. Right? You're the best at coming up with plans!" Kwazii asked the polar bear giving him a supportive smile.

"I'll try to think of something quick, this mission is gonna take longer then excepted. We could try again. But this time without Peso." Barnacle's suggested.

As time flew by minutes became into an hour. Peso had finished his stitching his cousins flipper, who is resting in the octopad as Peso drove back to the island in the Gup-E. The crew were making sure no sea lions attacked the penguins, luckily no sea lions attacked. But the sun started setting but since it was the Antarctica, it only had two seasons, summer and winter, this year was winter which meant it was Midnight sun.

Kwazii kept an eye on the sea lion island with his spyglass, he counted the sea lions which consisted, in this issue in particular, 15. Right now all 15 sea lions are asleep.

"It's getting late." Barnacle's said. "We'll stay the night on the island."

"Aye." Everyone agreed.

They all set up some sleeping bags laying on the rock cold floor but luckily were able to warm up in the sleeping bags.

The penguins are settled on thier nests, keeping thier eggs warm. The chicks who already were hatched settled into thier own nests or are huddled with one another.

Tweak, Dashi and Turnip were fast asleep Kwazii and Peso as well. They were sleeping besides each other though nether of them didn't know.

The captain was still awake still thinking, his head hurt, of trying to figure out of a plan, he was stressed from all this thinking, and if he was honest, he hoped he would come up with something soon. He was also worried and concerned for his best friend Kwazii, he knew him for so many years, to the point they had brother bond, he knew Kwazii liked Peso, alot. But he never seen act this way.

"Captain?"

Barnacle's snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh? Shellington?"

Barnacle's looked at the sea otter.

"Are you? Ok? You look so exhausted and stress." Shellington said worriedly.

Barnacle's blushed a bit, he had liked the sea otter and everytime he saw the sea otter's face he had butterflies in him but at the same time... He felt at ease.

"I-I'm alright Shellington." Captain put a small smile looking at him. "But thanks for asking."

Shellington gave a small smile back before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Barnacle's sighed. As he too lay his head on his paws, closed his eyes and fell asleep.