Chapter 6

warnings: smut! slight alcohol use; fingering, unprotected oral sex (m and f receiving), protected vaginal sex, praise kink, daddy kink, hair pulling

songs: Sweater Weather; Dirty Thoughts; The Hills

For the next few days Veronica was on cloud nine. She and Bucky were stealing moments whenever and wherever they could, sneaking around corners to kiss, Bucky staying later at night when Steve was asleep. They kept things easy, only fingers and hands straying below waistbands. Veronica was desperate, aching for more, and she finally got her chance on New Year's Eve.

"Veronica, I'll be fine- Sam'll be here with me. Go have fun tonight!" Steve urged Veronica, who was torn between wanting to leave, and wanting to take care of her dad.

"You promise Sam knows what he's doing?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at her dad. He rolled his, nodding as he reassured her.

"He was in the service too, remember? Air Force Rescue. He'll be able to handle anything, but nothing's going to happen honey, we're just gonna watch some tv. He hasn't been this way in a while, it'll give us a chance to catch up."

Veronica deliberated another moment before nodding, moving forwards to lean down and hug her dad. "Alright, don't wait up then," she said as she stood up, walking out of the living room. She went up to her room, pulling out a long red dress she had bought to have on hand for a special occasion. Veronica laid it on her bed and went to her bathroom, showering and shaving, putting on makeup and doing her hair.

Back in her bedroom, she put on her dress, making sure the high slit on the thigh sat properly, covering the knife she had strapped to her leg. Veronica grabbed some heels and light jewelry, completing the look before grabbing a clutch and putting her wallet, phone, and keys with pepper spray in it. Heading downstairs and ordering a car, there was a knock at the door.

"That's probably Sam, can you get that honey?" Steve called, and Veronica nodded even though he couldn't see her. She went to the front door, unlocking it and pulling it open, revealing Sam Wilson.

"Hey Sam, come on in," Veronica said, ushering him as she stepped back, shivering lightly from the cold already. Sam walked in, shutting the door behind him and stamping snow off his boots.

"Hey Vee, how are you?" he asked warmly, smile wide as he took his coat off. Veronica took it from him and hung it up as she grabbed her coat.

"I'm doing alright, thanks," she grinned back, strapping on her heels. The two of them walked into the living room, Sam going over to Steve and leaning down, giving him a big but gentle hug. When they separated, Steve glanced over and did a double take, eyes wide as he looked at Veronica.

"Honey, you look beautiful, you going to a party?" Steve asked, as Sam walked around the bed and sat in the chair usually occupied by Bucky.

"Yeah, I was gonna head downtown and see what I could find! And before you ask, yes, I have my pepper spray and knife," Veronica promised, and Steve nodded once.

"Good. Then have a good time, and happy new year honey," he smiled at his daughter.

"Happy new year Dad," she replied, grinning back, before turning and heading back to the front door, phone pinging with a notification that the car was there. She put her coat on and grabbed her clutch and heels. Veronica picked up her dress and went outside, walking to the car and getting in. Telling the driver to head downtown, she pulled her phone out and texted Bucky:

VR: What are your plans tonight?

She started searching online for a party as the car drove off. Finding a few, she switched back to her messages when she got a response from Bucky.