*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2 ⚡

Start from the beginning

You curiously walked upstairs and the music got louder. There were three doors: one on both sides and one in the middle. The tune was coming from the middle one.

You slightly opened it, just enough to see what was inside.

A man was playing a piano in the middle of the room: he had long white hair pulled into a loose ponytail and wore a garnet coat. That's all you could see since he was facing the opposite way.

You were relieved knowing you weren't the only person in the manor after all. You quietly opened the door, but kept listening to the man playing the piano.

Soon he paused and rested his hands on the keyboard. You placed your luggage on the floor and lightly clapped your hands, which made the pianist turn his head to you.

"And you are?" he asked. You could hear the slight annoyance in his tone, perhaps because you disturbed him. You stopped clapping and picked your luggage up, looking at the floor a tad embarrassed.

"I-I'm sorry to bother... You play beautifully, I couldn't help but stop to listen". You gripped your luggage and gazed at the white-haired man.

He looked back at the piano, but you swore you saw a slight smile... He got up from his seat and approached you.

"Ah-- My name's (Y/N) (L/N), nice to meet you". He held out his hand to you and you shook it.

"Frederick Kreiburg". He slightly bowed and walked back to the piano. You opened your mouth as you were about to ask something, but you got cut off before you could let out a sound.

"Do you know where your bedroom is?". Frederick turned around and faced you again. You shook your head. The man sighed in response.

"No matter. I assume it's the last room left on this floor, I'll show you". He gestured to follow him and you quickly listened, trailing behind him like a puppy.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You walked down a quite long hallway: it was decorated with various statues that you didn't recognize, you weren't too fond of sculpture. You also noticed a few paintings portraying the nine muses.

Frederick stopped infront of a door, it had a plate with the number ,, 2F03 ,, carved into it.

"If this really is your designated room, you're quite unfortunate". He glanced at a door not too far away from your bedroom. You tilted your head in confusion.

"Why's that?"

"Your room neighbor is somewhat... problematic". Frederick clicked his tongue and looked back at you.

"Stay safe" he lastly said. With that, he walked back where you first encountered. You wondered what he meant by ,, problematic ,,. Wasn't that a little harsh?

♫︎

"How utterly rude...". You flinched at the sudden statement; that voice sounded familiar. You glanced around and noticed the door Frederick was observing earlier was now ajar.

A man in a striped shirt opened the door and took a step outside. He noticed you and you looked at eachothers for a few seconds.

It was Luca Balsa.

"I'm sorry but-- Have we met before?". The man placed a hand on his chin and looked at you up and down.

"Oh, yes. Yesterday, in fact" you softly smiled, the same smile you gave him the day before.