Prove Your Value - 4 (Ep. 6 - 8)

(Dokja's POV)

The episode plays, but instead of showing Kim Dokja and Kim Namwoon, the episode starts inside subway cabin 3707. Han Sooyung and I lock eyes with Yoo Junghyeok. We all know where this is going.

Dead, burning bodies littered the ground as smoke and embers filled the air. cabin 3707 was filled with flames. A black shoe hit the ground. A figure in black stepped through the smoke and into the frame towards the door. He stared through the door and looked into cabin 3807.

Even though his face wasn't shown, everyone knew who this person was. Yoo Junghyeok was staring at the screen intently, watching his past self. After a few more seconds, the screen but back to my conversation with Kim Namwoon.

"Sorry, I work alone." Kim Dokja responded to Kim Namwoon's invitation. Both of them stared at each other. Dokja stone-faced and Namwoon with a look of shock. "Well, that's a bummer." Kim Namwoon replied, grabbing the back of his neck.

"If I team up with Kim Namwoon now, my survival would be guaranteed for now. If I hadn't read TWSA, I probably would have made a different choice. But I am a reader who knows about him and his future. And seeing him in person—"

"Then get out of my way," Namwoon said, pushing Dokja to the side. "I have some unfinished business with that granny. I can't let the bug I caught..." He smiled with glee as he watched the shoulders of the bloodied woman shake. "...escape from my grasp."

"This Kim Namwoon guy is giving me the creeps." Jung Huiwon shuddered. "I might thank you for reading that damn novel if it meant you killing that guy. If you teamed up with him... I might have killed you."

I roll my eyes at her remark. "Thanks for the comment Huiwon-ssi."

"That was not a comment." She snarled. "Go back to watching yourself."

Namwoon raised his hand to strike the lady once more. Dokja grabbed his wrist before he could harm her anymore. Kim Namwoon turned back to glare at Dokja. "What?" He growled, his eyes red. "Are you trying to act like a hero now? Or do you have a split personality? Jee, you know-it-alls are all the same."

The camera revealed Dokja's face. He had a look of total annoyance about to turn into a violent rage. "—I realized how much I hated his character TWSA... You think you'll be a teenager forever, right?"

"Ugh..." Lee Jihye sighed. "Could you please stop calling us characters?" The rest of my companions around the table nodded in agreement.

"I wish I could say sorry," I speak. "But saying sorry means you won't do it again."