Let's Dance at the Ball

Começar do início

And recently, the head maid asked me, "Lately, the candles have been lit until late. What are you doing in your room?"

So I answered, "We are discussing our passion for the future. It's a necessary part of getting to know each other."

I am studying for the future of France and Antoinette.

Imperial studies, economics... and what I will need to know if I am to become king and Antoinette is to become queen in the future, using books and other resources. By no means I am having lewd nightly romps with a woman in bed every night like my grandfather.

I have heard that his nightly overtures are so intense that there are a lot of noises coming out of the room. I think it's a bit hard for the guards guarding the rooms to hear the women moaning while on duty... especially on the lower part... honestly...

For some reason, there are rumors circulating around that I have been doing that with Antoinette, but I don't care about such things and continue to study every day. Yeah.

Now, let's put the subject of studying aside for the moment. A little while ago, I woke up a bit early to get a wake-up call from the head servant, and sat down at my desk to write. What I was writing was a proposal to improve the treatment of servants and the security of the Palace of Versailles.

I had drawn up the "Proposal for the Correction of the Workload of Servants and Guards" an hour before my treatment for congenital impotence, and I had focused on the points that needed improvement. The proposal includes reducing the number of servants because there are too many of them for the palace, and paying them a salary commensurate with the amount of work they will have to do. The plan also included training the guards to make them more resourceful. To make them work properly, basically.

This plan of correction was presented to Louis XV on the 25th, but unfortunately, it was rejected. He didn't want to be responsible for the failure of the servants' reform plan. And his daughters... my aunts... Adélaïde and others have been complaining about me and I've heard their complaints.

Something about Adélaïde, who was the most prominent among the aunts, being treated as a "rag" or a "thing", so I felt that any love left for her had diminished. It was too cruel to treat her as a "rag."

"Sorry, Auguste, this solution is certainly on point. However... I can't say it out loud, but I can't randomly interfere in the affairs of the servants... you'll understand when you eventually become king."

"I apologize for that. However, I think it's not good when I thought about the incident the other day, where there is a guard but he just stood there dazedly until I gave the order... is he a scarecrow or what?"

"Indeed the guard was also troubled... Speaking of trouble, that rag said she didn't like the fact that you and Madame Antoinette were attached to each other. She was so insistent that I blackmailed her... You must report to me immediately if you have any problems."

"Yes, aunt must be in a bit of a temper tantrum. I will improve the proposed solution into something that is easier for you to implement, and I will come back later."

"Good. If I think I can do it, I will discuss it with my aides, taking your opinion into account."

The proposal to improve the treatment of servants and the environment at Versailles would probably not be implemented. Still, it is worthwhile to present this proposal. When I become king in the future, if people around me know that I have already discussed this proposal with the king since I was Dauphin, more people will support me.

Maybe.

So, while waiting for a wake-up call from the head servant, I am writing this while looking at Antoinette's face sleeping peacefully on the bed behind me and feeling cheered up.