Inhalers and SeaWorld

"Rey, Reylen my dear."

The sound of these words made my eyes snap open and groan at the false light in my room

"Destrey get out of my room"

Destrey rolls his eyes and walks out the room acting like he owns the house. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed touching the cool metal floor. I walked to my bathroom listing to the hum of fresh air being pumped in and out of the house. Looking at my reflection I take my inhaler out of its bag and take a puff before going downstairs.

"My my Reylen you are going to be late Hun it's already 1:00"

I nod and look at Destrey waiting by the door with two apple flavored pouches. I kissed my dad on the check then ran down the stairs with Destrey.

"Now sleeping beauty you have your inhaler don't you?" Destrey has a smirk on his lips which is never good.

"Of course I do, when don't I."

"Here take this and come with me" there was a apple flavored pouch and a I.D card with a bunch of lines on the back. I read the words being careful not to trip on my feet when I saw the date "2001"

"DESTREY! Where did you get this! It's so old we need to give this to my dad what is this anyway?" Destrey just rolls his eyes and steps in his dad's truck

"Come on princes, We are going to SeaWorld."

Destrey put the key in the engine of the truck his parents bought him and started backing up.

"Destrey, this is a very very bad idea. Why don't we go to school like we are supposed to. "

"Now my very paranoid best friend why would this be a bad idea"

Now I know that Destrey just wants to bring me on a stupid adventure to find things out. I saw the clock hit 1:45 in the morning and knew we were late for school and that we have about 4 hours in till it gets to hot and we die.

"Well my very stupid best friend, for one we are skipping school, for two we are breaking the law by having shit this old and three going places that old is illegal."

Destrey just laughs and turns the truck past the sign that say " STATE LINE ENDS DO NOT CROSS AT ANYTIME FOR WILL NOT GET BACK IN" Destrey parks the truck at the parking lot of SeaWorld

"Come on Reylen after this I will never take you on a hunt again ok. Just break into SeaWorld with me please." He slipped out the truck and over the other side to open my door and offer me his hand.

There was no way I was getting out of this one so I walked with him to the entrance of SeaWorld. The air is so think here without the Circulators and it's already 102 degrees.

"Now my dear we have about 2 hours and 45 minutes to do this. Scan the key card please." The I.D card fit perfectly in a small hole/ slit thing and there was a click of the lock.

I took a puff of my inhaler and then helped Destrey pull the door open with a loud squeak.

"Come on Rey we need to go now and fast." Destrey head nodded his head up to a camera then slipped inside the door

The big entrance had what was a tank to some sort of animal and other stuff that I wasn't sure what was.

"Rey, isn't it amazing what is half this stuff it's so cool." That's the thing about Destrey when he find old stuff that was banned his eyes light up.

"Come on Destrey I want to see all the tanks." Destrey took my hand and made me skip out the back door to all the tanks. We were outside now and the heat was getting to the point where we were having trouble breathing and the air was getting to thick. I took a puff of my inhaler and sat down on the bleachers next to the tank.

"Isn't it cool rey, you have to be glad I took you. Can we please go to the library later and find out about the killer whales."

"Killer whales? What is that?" Destrey laughed and shook his head. Right as he was about to speak there was a loud bang and a man's voice yelling.

"Shit, shit Destrey they know we have to go right now!" Destrey covered my mouth and pulled my hand to the edge of the fence

"Shut up and start climbing now!" The fence was about 10 feet up with broken barbed wire on the top. Destrey gave me a boost up and I started climbing. My blood was pumping and the fence was hot on my hands to the point where it was burning. There was banging behind me as I went over the top of the fence.

"Reylen jump the rest of the way." I could see the enforcer catching up and then I froze. My lungs shut and I couldn't breathe the sun was not out but the earth was heating up fast. Then all of a sudden I was yanked down on to my feet.

"Reylen freaking run, right now." As soon as Destrey pulled on my hand I started running to the parking lot. The pavement was burning the rubber on my shoes and I couldn't breathe again. Me and Destrey jumped into the car and he sped down the road to the other end of the county line.

When the car finally slowed down Destrey looks over and laughs.

I suddenly realized I haven't been breathing and was frantically trying to find my inhaler.

"Rey, Rey hang on a sec I have it."

" I *puff* really *puff* hate *puff* you *puff*" Once my lungs calm down and I could take normal breaths Destrey grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"That was amazing, all that stuff, I wish I knew what it was. Thank you Reylen really. Will you please come to the library with me for a little." Destreys green eyes lit up and he reached to push some of my blonde hair out of my face.

"Please Rey, I will teach you about the whales." I let out a sigh and nodded.

The old library was on the other side of town and was technically empty but there was a underground part that me and Destrey found when we were 8. We never dared tell anybody the risk of enforcers finding out was too high. The truck was parked in the back of the library and we slipped down the hole to the underground layer. The smell of musty books filled my nose and sweat covered my body.

"Destrey we have a half an hour we really have to go." I took another puff and waited for Destrey to get a book on whales.

"Let's go now rey, let's watch a movie." All I wanted to do was go home where there is a circulatory system. Once me and Destrey pulled up to the complex the shin of the metal reflected the sun and the heat was getting to much for our body's and it was obvious. As soon as we stepped inside the house fresh air was welcomed into our body's and the familiar hum of the houses air flooded our ears. Destrey and our dad were in the basement doing their work. So we went to my room and put in " The Breakfast Club" witch was contraband but it was my favorite movie. My bed was cool as I sat down and the sun was rising in the distance. I felt Destreys wait shift onto my bed as he scooted closer to me and rested his head on my stomach.

"I hope you know I really hate you.