Kissing this beautiful man seems like a life mission, one that Lan Zhan doesn't mind pursuing. His whole body feels lighter, tingles of euphoria tickling his belly. It's like travelling in a too-fast elevator, the way his stomach flips with anticipation. It's the best feeling.

Lan Zhan is completely gone for him.

The kiss deepens unintentionally, and naturally, as if they are powerless to fight against these feelings, sucked into the vortex of their love. It only seems to be getting stronger, and as the soft fragrance of vanilla and lotus flowers surrounds them, Lan Zhan pauses, something stuttering to a stop in his chest.

Wei Ying chooses that moment to open his stunning eyes, the silver of his gaze piercing through the thoughts in his head.

His hand is a warmth on Lan Zhan’s cheek.

"What happened, my love?" Wei Ying asks him, tenderly.

"Love Wei Ying." Lan Zhan wraps his arms around him, hiding his face in Wei Ying's embrace.

These emotions are overwhelming, like a powerful waterfall pounding into his body and obliterating anything that might stand in its way.

"Lucky for you, I love you, too."

Wei Ying tries to make light of this, but Lan Zhan hears the crack in his voice. They both need a few minutes.

To distract himself, Wei Ying runs his hands through Lan Zhan’s hair.

"Does this mean you won't be able to grow your hair?" He asks randomly. "I mean, I love the length it's at right now, just wondering, that's all." He tugs at the ends experimentally.

Lan Zhan makes a noise and Wei Ying looks into his eyes. Previously all gold with shining flecks of amber, but now they're almost completely black with desire.

"I'll save that for tonight…shall I?" Wei Ying laughs nervously.

What they want to do and what they have time for, are two very different things.

He pointedly lets go of Lan Zhan and pulls the laptop closer to him.

It takes Lan Zhan a few moments to return to normal.

This hunger for Wei Ying, to consume him, ravage him, take him over…it was so strong. Lan Zhan has never felt like that before. It was almost animalistic, a baser need that didn't require thinking at all, just a need to conquer and devour.

They haven't got time to think about this now and Lan Zhan is too shaken to bring it up now…and he doesn't want to scare Wei Ying, not when the strength of those thoughts were frightening to him already.

"So…shall I ask them how vampirism began? Like…who started it?" Wei Ying asks.

"Mn." Lan Zhan has never been so grateful to himself before, that his usual one word answers are so normal, his reticence to speak isn't questioned.

He watches Wei Ying’s fingers fly over the keyboard and has to look away; how can one small ever-so-efficient action be so hot?

"Oh look, they're online." Wei Ying says, excitedly. He leans forward in eager anticipation.

Three dots appear and vanish in quick succession, implying that the recipient is typing something.

"I'm glad all of this is encrypted. Good foresight on their behalf." Wei Ying comments.

"Mn. But…everything is born out of necessity. The encryption must be there because whoever digs deep enough must be putting themselves in danger." Lan Zhan says, shocked by the thought.