I

The midnight sky twinkled with little stars as I laid on the forest floor. My eyes darted from each star to the next, counting them silently. I often wondered what star the sky people came from, if they even came from one of these stars at all. I sometimes wondered if I had come from a star in the past. I took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the forest. I often took short walks at night to quiet places such as this one, somewhere where I could be alone with my thoughts. Sometimes I'd bring Tuk with me and help her pick flowers from some of the "big trees" as she liked to call them, and make necklaces for either her or our mother. I still wore a flowered necklace made from little Tuk, I was so so proud of her when she had finished it, it was absolutely beautiful. I smiled and touched the petals of the necklace. It was such a peaceful night, only the sound of the wind and running water could be heard. I couldn't describe how much I loved it. The peacefulness of the forest comforted me and made me feel as if it had always accepted me, despite my...well, uniqueness.

I continued to watch the night sky in silence, brushing off leaves here and there whenever the wind picked up, until I could barely keep my eyes open. Drifting off to a light sleep, I curled my tail around my body to keep warm.

Then there was a crunch.

My eyes shot open. I whipped around to a stance, my gaze darting around the dark forest. Had I dreamt of the noise? No. There was a strange smell creeping around, one that certainly wasn't there before I dozed off, and most definitely wasn't little Tuk. I stood extremely still, not wanting to suddenly take off into the direction of the sound. My ears suddenly twitched and I felt a pit form in my stomach. I never brought my bow. I continued to stand perfectly still until I heard another crunch and whipped around, my eyes darting through the shadows until I spotted a figure in the darkness. No. Several figures. I started to see them appear all around me, as if they had been circling me from the shadows this entire time.

A whistle that sent chills down my spine echoed around me, and suddenly the figures started to emerge from the forest. A group, which first seemed like regular Na'vi appeared, but I quickly came to the realization because of their clothing that these monsters were not real; these were "avatars" and part of the sky people. One of the men standing there snickered and turned to the others. "That's one hell of an alien. Never seen one like that before." I let out a low growl to warn them from moving any closer, and to my surprise, it seemed to prevent them from continuing on; except for one.

I stared at a tall blue man as he pushed his way past the others with a cold expression and came towards me. There was no doubt that he was the one in command. He towered over them, with muscles that were much bigger and more defined. I wasn't stupid enough to wait any longer; I suddenly took off, bolting through the forest as fast as my legs could take me. If I had my bow I would have had a chance against these monsters, but there were too many of them, and my size was nowhere near as big as theirs. I darted across the forest floor, trying not to give away my location, but it seemed a bit late for that. I could hear footsteps and angry cursing behind me. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DONT LET HER GET AWAY!" I almost let out a snort listening to the two men chasing me. I turned my head to look back while running and to my surprise, the leader was not there. That sure is stupid. He's probably still standing there like a-
My body slammed right into a tree, knocking me backwards and sending me straight into the forest floor. Before I even had time to realize what just happened, hands gripped around my neck, lifting me up as I gasped for air; although now looking forward, my ears slowly started to bend back flat against my head. I didn't run into a tree. I ran straight into their leader.

(currently writing next chapter, lmk if you guys liked this so far:))