二十一 - TWENTY ONE

Magsimula sa umpisa

Senjuro Rengoku, Kyojuro's little brother, has his hand on his fathers shoulder as he begged his father to let go of the other boy.

"Father! Please stop! Just look at his face! Can't you see that he's not well?"

Shinjuro turned towards his son with an angry expression, "You keep your mouth shut!"

He hits his son away from him as your eyes widen, going to take a step forward but was stopped when Tanjiro broke free of his hold, kicking the hashira's hand away.

Shinjuro scowls, standing up as Tanjiro glares at him, "Why are you acting like this, anyway? Insulting your own child, who's lost his life... striking him... what is it that you want to do?"

"You... You're mocking us, aren't you?" Shinjuro glares daggers at the boy.

"What makes you say that? I have no idea what you mean! Now you're just slandering me!" Tanjiro stresses.

"That's because you're a wilder of the sun breathing technique! I know all about those earrings! It was in the book!" Shinjuro angrily points towards Tanjiro, "First breathing. The first breathing technique ever created! The most powerful of them all! And all the other techniques are derived from sun breathing! All the others just mimic sun breathing. They're just cheap imitations, retrograde versions of sun breathing! Fire, water, wind... all of them! Don't get cocky just because you're a wielder of the sun breathing technique, boy!"

Tanjiro tilts his head down, shoulders twitching, "As if I could!"

He glares back up at Shinjuro, tears in his eyes. "Can't you see how devastated I am by my own weakness? Why, you... miserable old fart!"

"Look out! My father is...-" Senjuro tries to warn Tanjiro as he charges for the former hashira.

"Don't you dare!"

"...A former hashira!" Senjuro shouts as Shinjuro catches Tanjro's arm that was about to hit him, raising his other hand to punch him only to get blocked by a sword.

"Shinjuro. That's enough." You warn, standing infront of Tanjiro who was pushed behind you.

".. Tch." He scoffs, grudgingly walking back in the house after drinking more of the sake he had.

He was aware that between the two of you in a fight, you would win. He was already aware of your strength.

Currently, you were considered the third strongest hashira, only two others beating you. Though, you've never went all-out in a fight against them, so you couldn't be sure if you actually fought, they would beat you.

Though, you're strength isn't much of a surprise, you were trained by Kokushibo. Of course, not that the hashira knew that fact.

"..." You stare back at Tanjiro blankly for a minute.

"Are you okay?" You ask the boy, who's eyes were wide for a moment before he nods. "That's.. good."

"U-Uh.. How about we take this conversation inside..?" Senjuro suggests as you nod.

"Alright then."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TASHIO SECRETS

— Akaza was glad Y/n wasn't upset at him.

— Y/n has met Senjuro briefly before, but never talked to him.

— Y/n could, in fact, beat the two hashira ranking above her in strength if she actually tried!