His friend wasn't too convinced but let it go nevertheless. He slipped the damp towel off his waist and threw it towards Adam, chuckling.

"Man, you're always tired.

The corners of the blonde's lips turned upwards slightly as he glanced down. "I know, I know."

It wasn't long before Julie Gaffney joined the two boys in their dorm room. She had already finished getting ready about an hour ago. Adam was just peeling off his loungewear when she suggested that they should get going considering it was a bit of a drive.

Just several minutes later they were on the road in Guy's old, beaten up truck.

Adam sat quietly in the passenger seat. He was looking out the window, counting how many signs they've passed in an attempt to distract himself from his thoughts.

He knew this was something that wasn't worth taking up his entire mind.

High schoolers makeout with a bunch of random people all the time. After all, it doesn't mean anything.

The boy sighed deeply.

Upon noticing, Guy brought his gaze to the rear view mirror and locked eyes with Julie.

She stared back, slightly worried, before returning her attention to Adam. Guy had told her just moments before they'd gotten into the car that something was 'off' with Adam.

"Hey," She softly started.

Adam glanced back at her over his shoulder.

"Are you okay, Banks?"

He was quick enough to pull up a small smile. "Oh, yeah." he spoke while nodding, "Yeah, just little tired."

This time, Guy pipped in. "Are you sure? You've just seemed— distracted. Like all day."

It took Adam a moment to realize that no matter what, they were going to find out eventually. He was just afraid of the way they'd react. He knew they'd get all giddy and embarrass him, just as they had been doing with ever small interaction they had.

It's better off telling them now than ever.

"Well, that too." He admitted after a second.

"Then what's up?"

The boy rolled his toungue against the inside of his cheek as he mustered up the words in his mind.

This wasn't a big deal. He knew that. So he just came right out and said it.

"Vera kissed me last night and I guess I'm just confused."

"Wait what?"

"Oh my God, finally!" Adam's face chapped bright red as Julie reached her hands around his seat and lightly shook his shoulders.

Guy pursed his lips together, shaking his head slightly. "Why're you confused?" His eyebrows were knitted together, ultimately trying to understand what his friend was addled about.

"This is what you want, right?"

The boy shrugged whilst recovering from his flustered state. "Kinda — I mean of course, but..."