I am perfectly fine when I skate. That's why I fell in love with hockey once Hayden introduced me to it.

Everything else is completely fine.

Well, mostly.

There's these ugly veins that bulge out from my chest and down my midsection. Since my heart is weak, my body has to work harder to pump blood.

I always seem to find a new one every time I make myself look at them.

Once I got into high school, I realized how hard it was for me to find a boyfriend. They liked me for my face, and sometimes my personality, but the second they caught a glimpse of my veins, they were gone.

Word spread around like fire. I've had girls make fun of me, calling me some weird-ass name that didn't particularly hurt, but just annoyed me.

Though as I realized the number of students who were grossed out, I couldn't help but let it get to me. Almost all of them haven't seen my body, yet they still felt like it was their place to judge.

It was sickening.

Since then, I've never let anyone, especially a boy, see what's beneath my shirt. I couldn't bare having that reality again.

I know one day I'll have to, and I hate that. 

I hate it. I hate me.

-

"REALLY?" There was a small pause. Adam looked to Julie with an excited wide smile, nodding. He readjusted the phone in his hand. "Are you sure?"

Julie knitted her eyebrows. "Don't make him rethink it, Banks!" She whisper-screamed.

The boy waved a hand her way dismissively. "Yeah... yeah, I promise..." He gave the girl laying on his bed a thumbs up. She returned the same grin he had on his face.

"I know, I know...,' another pause, "alright, thanks! I love yo-" Adam's voice stopped abruptly. He sighed, tossing the phone onto his desk.

"He hung up."

"Well?" Julie questioned, her expression raised with a little bit of hope.

The blonde boy sat down in the chair beside his desk. "He seemed to be in a good mood today." he started with his nose wrinkled a bit. "I still have to call him everyday, but only once at 3pm."

"So, no more leaving at random times to have him scream at you like twelve times everyday?"

Adam chuckled, glancing down at his shoes while nodding. He looked back up and shrugged, "No more."

The girl flopped back onto the bed, squealing a small, 'yessss'

Guy had walked in suddenly. He was at the gym all morning because Connie had made a sarcastic joke over the phone about him having 'small guns'. Of course he didn't get it, and genuinely thought she was talking about how unmuscular his arms were.

Which is insanely false. She was talking about 7th grade Guy when, in her words, he looked like a pasta noodle, but still madly cute.